PDA

View Full Version : electrical grimlens in dash, 95 a/t help!

fishstix
07-14-2013, 04:23 PM
im having issues with a 95 s14, auto trans stock everything. my tack has never worked since i got the car, last night i was doing about 65 on the hwy and all my dash lights turned off and the speed dropped to nothing i have no brake lights, turn signals, use of windows, or dome light. wtf, ignition has power and the car will turn over but will not start. i got power ro the the back of the gauge cluster and the the acc has power too. need to fix asap plz help!!

fishstix
07-15-2013, 06:38 PM
For what it's worth I figured out the problem. Off the positive battery terminal there are three hot lines one about 4awg and two more 6awg, one of the 6awg plugs was shorting out and caused a ton of resistance it also was causing the battery to not get a good charge. I got it rigged up now and am redoing the positive leads and grounds with heavy duty wire.

The not starting part was my fault, I unplugged a large block of wires above the fuse box inside while looking for the above cause and when I plugged it back in it didn't connect all the way. After chasing wires from the gas tank back to the front I realized my mistake. Runs great now starts ever time.