PDA

View Full Version : Ton of electrical problems?

CanadianNRG
07-14-2013, 02:38 PM
I hate doing electric work, all of it, but i need to get this sorted out.

-My speedometer bounces, and doesn't stay constant. It also doesn't display the proper speed which i'm going at. (I haven't noticed a pattern for this problem)

-My odometer will randomly stop working randomly, but is fixed (most of the time) when i turn off the car, and turn it back on.

-Fuel gauge is a write off. Doesn't display the proper amount i have, but is close-ish.

-When i turn on the high beams, the headlights turn off all together.

Those are the problems i have, but am not electrical wise at all. Help a man out?

Thanks

KiLLeR2001
07-14-2013, 03:39 PM
#1,2 - Check the back of your gauge cluster for loose connections/corrosion. If everything is good, a faulty speedometer or wiring of the speedometer could be the culprit.

#3, Fuel gauge not reading correctly either bad wiring or the fuel sender unit not functioning as it should. Most likely you will have to pull the fuel pump out and take a look at it.

#4, could be a bad switch, do the headlights work normally? Have you tried the high beams both ways on the switch (back and front)?

fishstix
07-14-2013, 03:59 PM
im having similar issues with a 95 auto trans stock everything. my tack has never worked since i got the car, last night i was doing about 65 on the hwy and all my dash lights turned of and the speed dropped to nothing i have no brake lights, turn signals, use of windows, or dome light. wtf, ignition has power and the car will turn over but will not start. i think we have a similar problem or the something.