PDA

View Full Version : Can I start the car right away after I replaced the gear oil?

FriknAndre
07-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Can I start the car right away after I replaced the gear oil, or how long should I wait until I can? :duh:

jr_ss
07-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Why wouldn't you be able to start your car right away? What would changing your gear oil have to do with anything engine related?

FriknAndre
07-10-2013, 03:22 PM
just wasnt sure if i had to wait for the oil to flow through the entire tranny before i started it :P better safe then sorry lol

240KA
07-10-2013, 03:22 PM
where is codyace? we need him to answer this question since he's so fond of the tech section. if he doesnt respond, PM him.

i've personally waited a week after i changed my gear oil before starting the car. you definitely want the oil to lubricate all the internals of the transmission.

silver350z05rb
07-10-2013, 03:42 PM
yes you can, sounds like you're doing your first swap????? if you are and haven't started the car yet, make sure to prime the engine so oil gets to the head/turbo, etc before the initial start up

xoxide
07-10-2013, 04:50 PM
yes you can, sounds like you're doing your first swap????? if you are and haven't started the car yet, make sure to prime the engine so oil gets to the head/turbo, etc before the initial start up
Hes talking about transmission gear oil dingus.

Yes you can start it right away, and next time use the same thread you posted a little while ago instead of making a new one.

JBPUSA
07-10-2013, 05:42 PM

FriknAndre
07-10-2013, 06:06 PM
Thanks everyone lol now how do I bleed the clutch? I read and looked at a bunch of stuff online already and didnt really find exactly what i was looking for... :( ya see my clutch is flat on the floor the and wont go back up after i step down on it x[ so how am i supposed to pump air bubbles outta that???

coupesallday!
07-10-2013, 06:32 PM
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/297481-small-questions-thread-search-first-use-instead-making-new-threads.html
For any more questions you have (that probably been answered a million times) use that thread^^^

DJ-of-E
07-10-2013, 06:41 PM
I swear, my dad would slap me behind the head if I ask these questions to him.

Beemer
07-10-2013, 07:53 PM
Three ways: gravity bleeding,doesnt work the greatest but is a good start to help get the air out. Pressure bleed if you have the right tools this works great. Pumping the pedal is old school and takes long but still works good.

jr_ss
07-10-2013, 08:02 PM
Fill bottle with fresh brake oil/fluid
Fill MC with ^^^
Install vacuum tubing on slave cylinder bleeder screw
Put vacuum tubing in bottle, ensuring tube is submerged
Open bleeder screw
Go pump clutch pedal multiple times
Tighten down bleeder screw
Pump clutch
If you have no resistance, repeat steps until you get it.

You do not need two people to bleed the clutch, however it does make it easier.

FriknAndre
07-11-2013, 10:09 PM
I swear, my dad would slap me behind the head if I ask these questions to him.

Your a lucky man. lol