PDA

View Full Version : sr20 temp help

vollexz
07-09-2013, 06:27 AM
I've searched a while and can't seem to come up with anything regarding oil temperature, I live in Vegas so it's naturally hot it's been over 110 degrees for the last couple of weeks. My oil temperatures hover around 240-250 degrees while city driving and while the car is just sitting idle and are about 210-220 degrees while freeway driving. bled the cooling system twice running 70% water 30% coolant and water wetter.

Any tips on getting the temps lower while city driving the car is my daily right now is it unsafe to drive with oil temps reaching 250ish degrees? Any suggestions on how I should lower it, maybe going back to the oem fan shroud?

Koyo dual row radiator
Altima electric cooling fans
Blitz front mount intercooler
Rear rubber subframe suspension bushings
Setrab oil cooler

Mikester
07-09-2013, 06:52 AM
Get a lower temp thermostat like a Billion or Nismo

Get a cooling plate- this makes a nice difference by keeping air flowing thru the radiator

Since you live in Vegas, you can run an 80/20 mix with Water Wetter; or just water & water wetter & be fine

Make sure your oil relocation block has a thermostat and does not flow oil thru the cooler all the time

Use quality oil

Not certain what optimum operational oil temp should be; but others here do.

Altima fans are fine when properly shrouded... I personally feel that OEM or GKtech clutch fan & OEM shroud is the best bet...

vollexz
07-09-2013, 02:55 PM
I do have a cooling plate currently forgot to mention, I was thinking of switching to a thicker oil maybe 15w 50?

Ill be picking up the nismo themostat this week.