PDA

View Full Version : Safc ii sr

ultamaflow
07-08-2013, 10:47 PM
I have followed other setup from other members on running a stock sr with z32 maf. I reinitiate the apexi safc II and now the car acts up. under car select I dialed the Cyl from 4 to 2 and run's perfect. Swapped out ecu with another ecu since i have like 4 ecu just to c if it made any changes and same thing- could I have a bad maf? Was running perfect b4 in setting with 4cyl - kinda sputters between 1500-2000 and tends to want to stall after a medium rev but once more in 2cyl run's like a champ? Can having it in this setting damage the motor? Can any1 give me guidance :bite:

The manual tells me this :

Select Sensor Type and set the number of cylinders
You can select it in a range of 1 to 16 cylinders

Rotary engine car : Number of rotors x2
Mazda Atenza (GG#S/P, GY #W) : 2
Demio(DY#W) : 1
Toyota V8 engine car : 4
PASSO (KGC10) : 1
Nissan Fairlady Z (Z33) : 1
SKYLINE (CPV35) : 1
Daihatsu Boon(M3OOS) : 1

Mikester
07-09-2013, 07:02 AM
Here, this (http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/196800-otterman-loks-safc-ii-install-guide.html) should help.

ultamaflow
07-09-2013, 08:00 AM
Lol good1..... looking to pick up tht fc command once bills are less stressing...till now safc will have to do.

Mikester
07-09-2013, 08:54 AM
If you're referring to the Power FC & Commander, be advised there are much more modern, better standalones on the market these days for the same price or less. I have a Power FC & love it... but only because it's the only tunable standalone I've ever had for my setup; and I've had it for the better part of a decade.

ultamaflow
07-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Just need something to run the z32.....had a tuned tomei but ecu crapped out. I have a stock ecu but no stock maf so im forced to use my relic safc to run the old gurl. That is why im curious about tht one setting with cyl numb. Don't wish to destroy my motor

***I was told the FC is a pretty solid standalone so i am aiming for tht im a few month.

jr_ss
07-09-2013, 11:17 AM
The PFC is a solid standalone, it just lacks the bells and whistles of the modem ECUs out there. NIstune is a prime example. It installs into your factory ECU, and turns it into a fully programmable EMS, with more options for cheaper than what you'll be able to find a good used PFC for. Not to mention you can get parts to repair it yourself vs sending the PFC off to the motherland for repairs and a few months of down time.

It's just a suggestion that could save you money and further headaches if something were to happen.

On topic, is the unit connected correctly? Did you change any other aspect of your setup?

ultamaflow
07-09-2013, 01:44 PM
No but noticed today tht I left the wire's (In & Out Maf) naked :duh: I think they made contact at some point on the ecu steel cover. I double checked settings and also did a factory reset this morning and nothing. Still sputters around 1000-2000 rpm only on cyl4, which makes me suspect the maf may have taken some damage. But if I drop it to Cyl 1-2-& 3 car run's smooth so Im a little lost (Just tht the reving rpm do not match).

Nistune - some guys from jersey mention that to me and also Jason from Emance