PDA

View Full Version : Installing LS1 Coilpacks on rb25

zimmm
07-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Im looking to install LS1 coilpacks on my rb25
Currently running with a rb20 ecu w/ nistune

anyone know the wire diagram or how to install these,
Also if these are compadable with the rb20 ecu w/ nistune if not know what i have to do?

Also whats a goog plug and gap to use for the ls1 coils im running 370whp so dont know if that madders

JBotch79
07-19-2013, 10:47 AM
Google is your best friend man...

bcpr6es-11 w/ a .8 gap is what I'm running for spark plugs. There are many reviews on which plugs to run on the rb25's. I decided to try these out first. There are bcpr5, 6, and 7 plugs referring to heat range. 5 is for just daily driving. 6 is for daily/aggressive driving with some track use. 7 is for straight track use as you will foul out the plugs very quickly daily driving with them.

As for the coilpacks:

4 wires trigger the coilpacks.
1 is 12v white.
1 is gnd. black.
1 is ignition signal to the coil packs. I don't remember the exact color...
1 is coil pack ground.
You will need to make an additional ground harness for the ls1 coil packs. I took a Black primary wire and ran it the length oh the rb25 coil pack harness then spliced each ls1 coil pack pigtail ground into that then grounded it to the engine.

I used this as a reference for each ls1 coil pack when I was wiring in the pigtails:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms3/pix/ls1coil.gif

Make sure you label each rb25 coil pack connector wire set before you cut tap off the connectors. The cylinder 1 & 2 coilpack connectors are the same length when you unwrap the harness so when I did my swap I had to go back and double check the wire colors to each cylinder on an old coil pack harness I had.

I hope this helps.

93boosted240
10-13-2014, 09:55 PM
google is ur best friend bro http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/rb-tech/137034-rb25det-series-2-ls2-truck-coil-pack-swap.html

omgwtf
10-22-2014, 03:37 AM
you will have to change your dwell settings in nistune to get the full effect of these. google it and its somewhere in the nistune forum website.

supersayianjim
10-22-2014, 09:26 AM
^^what he said, ask matt on the forums to give you an adapted map. the thread on 240sx forums is the most in depth