PDA

View Full Version : BOV Recirculation Tube Length

Hoffman5982
07-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Hey guys, I'm tired of having to blip the throttle when I let off the gas to keep it from dying. Running pig rich also isn't fun. So I'm recirculating my bov. My next problem is that I don't like the stock recirc tube going across the front of the valve cover(Notch top SR), so I'm thinking about rerouting it. So my question is simple: is there such thing as having too long of a tube? I'd be running it down along the bottom core support in front of the condenser. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Croustibat
07-05-2013, 02:30 AM
I think there is no such thing as too long, the longer would act as a better damping. But that is just intuition so dont quote me on that.

Not sure recirculating will cure your whole problem though, i never had that problem when i was not recirculated (but then again, i have a nistune and could compensate for it). It looks like your BOV is leaking badly, or you have another boost leak somewhere.

cheekanuble
07-05-2013, 06:44 AM
Look out there for those relocating BOV kits, maybe that'll help you if you have the money for that... I agree the price of a hose is much less than a kit.

twinspool
07-05-2013, 08:37 AM
There is no such thing as too long of a tube in your case since you're just concerned about keeping it a sealed system. Now if you were concerned about the velocity that air is traveling at in the tube then yes there can be such thing as too long. I keep my bov on the hot side and have like a 3" radiator hose to connect the two points.

Hoffman5982
07-05-2013, 12:53 PM
I think there is no such thing as too long, the longer would act as a better damping. But that is just intuition so dont quote me on that.

Not sure recirculating will cure your whole problem though, i never had that problem when i was not recirculated (but then again, i have a nistune and could compensate for it). It looks like your BOV is leaking badly, or you have another boost leak somewhere.

Definitely not leaking. It only happens if I build enough boost for the BOV to open full and then just let the rpms drop. This is normal for anyone running atmospheric on a car tuned for recirculated. If I only build 1 or 2 lbs and the bov doesn't open much then it doesn't die.

On my old BOV it would do the same thing. Recirculated and and ran fine.

Look out there for those relocating BOV kits, maybe that'll help you if you have the money for that... I agree the price of a hose is much less than a kit.

What exactly do you mean by relocating BOV kits?

KiLLeR2001
07-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Same thing happened to me. Was running atmospheric and finally switched to recirc and most of the dying stopped. I'd say only about 10% of the time it would die after recirculating, when before it was like 75%... I wonder if my lightweight Fidanza flywheel (10.5 lbs) also has something to do with it?

slider2828
07-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Sup Killer! Long time no talk.... Yeah the Fidanza definitely does that... also larger injectors and tuning... but yeah I smoetimes have to blip especially going up hills....

Hoffman5982
07-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Same thing happened to me. Was running atmospheric and finally switched to recirc and most of the dying stopped. I'd say only about 10% of the time it would die after recirculating, when before it was like 75%... I wonder if my lightweight Fidanza flywheel (10.5 lbs) also has something to do with it?

A buddy of mine had an rb20 with a lightweight flywheel and it did that to him. It might have also been because it was an rb20, but who knows.