PDA

View Full Version : LR pulsing sound under acceleration?

Colorado S14
05-02-2004, 07:40 AM
I have developed a pulsing sound in the left rear of my 97'. It sounds like it is comming from the suspension or rear drivetrain maybe. I was inclined to think it was my exaust but the pulses speed up the faster I go, and not due to RPM. But it only happens when I a giving the car gas not under decel or cruising. It is really strange and quite annoying any help is appreciated.

masterbunta
05-02-2004, 04:30 PM
My first guess would be the exhaust.

It may be your axles, or half-shafts. switch the left with the right. If you just turn it around, keeping it on the same side, you have done nothing, you must switch it to the other side, also, repack them with a good CV type grease or equivellent.

Or it is the wheel bearing.

Colorado S14
05-03-2004, 08:36 AM
Well I do notice now that the sound stops if I am turning and accelerating at the same time.

Colorado S14
05-08-2004, 10:22 AM
Well I took my wheel off to try to see if I could see something but I was not able to find anything does anyone have any other ideas? I know that it is not the exhaust, and the sound stops if I am turning right but not left. If I lower my rear seat and put my hand on the rear strut tower I can feel the pulsing when it is making the sound, it is a rythmic vibration.

Chernobyl
05-08-2004, 05:21 PM
wheel bearing

is it a whumwhumwhum type sound? low-pitched?

Colorado S14
05-08-2004, 06:49 PM
Why yes it is Alex, it is a wumwumwum that increases in speed as I go faster. And it is low pitched instead of high.