PDA

View Full Version : throwout bearing spacer?

Drift_FX
06-27-2013, 04:02 PM
ok, here is the story....

I have a very build sr22det that im using a z33 trans on... I bought a spec mini twin disk clutch for enjuku racing as a recommendation from one of the salesman because the other clutch I wanted was on backorder... today I was mating everything up and discovered that this clutch is 3/4 of an inch smaller than an OEM clutch..... the problem with this is the throwout bearing no longer engages the pressure plate because the distance is too far... enjuku told me that I need to use a throwut bearing spacer to remedy this, but I cannot find one anywhere... are they just full of $#!t or is there some truth to this? has anyone else used this clutch?

Drift_FX
06-27-2013, 04:13 PM
has anyone ever converted their trans to have a hydraulic throw-out bearing rather than a clutch fork setup?

DJ-of-E
06-27-2013, 04:16 PM
are they just full of $#!t or is there some truth to this? has anyone else used this clutch?

so judgement without understanding the though behind it.

Spacers can applied to anything that requires additional distance. They're not full of @#$! but this might be custom fab.

Drift_FX
06-27-2013, 04:22 PM
well i only judge because I spent 1300+ on a part that shouldn't require custom fab especially when I was told this is a drop in part... and I had several other issues with this order prior too this as well...

DJ-of-E
06-27-2013, 04:50 PM
well i only judge because I spent 1300+ on a part that shouldn't require custom fab especially when I was told this is a drop in part... and I had several other issues with this order prior too this as well...

Yeah, I hear you especially if...

spec mini twin disk clutch for enjuku racing as a recommendation from one of the salesman

Bad salesmen happens a lot and I usually only trust my own judgement despite what they say. They're the same guys that sells you stuff without using it themselves. This is when businesses gets bigger, which is why I prefer smaller shops a lot more as I get older and deal with someone who has experience themselves.

I say just have them ship you the correct clutch or equivalent and send back that twin disk.

fliprayzin240sx
06-29-2013, 06:48 PM
What you need to do is figure out how much you need. Nissan has 3 different sized thickness for the carrier, you can get a taller carrier and thicker TOB to make it work.

Drift_FX
06-30-2013, 01:45 AM
you don't happen to know the part number for the thickest carrier/bearing combo do you?

Fries
06-30-2013, 05:01 AM
Clutch Release Bearing Adapter, Throwout bearing adapter (http://collinsadapters.com/index.php/adaption-components/clutch-release-bearing-adapter.html)

TOB adapter for the z33 trans to 1uzfe because of the distance caused by the transmission adapter. Adds 1/2" IIRC. Might be what you're looking for?

Drift_FX
07-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Clutch Release Bearing Adapter, Throwout bearing adapter (http://collinsadapters.com/index.php/adaption-components/clutch-release-bearing-adapter.html)

TOB adapter for the z33 trans to 1uzfe because of the distance caused by the transmission adapter. Adds 1/2" IIRC. Might be what you're looking for?

my bell housing has been machined down to account for the adapter and I need at least 3/4" but that is a step in the right direction... thanks for the info

Shift n Drift
07-02-2013, 11:34 PM
why not cut another carrier and weld it on the other one you have to match the distance you need?