PDA

View Full Version : Any one local do retrofitting headlights ???

s13love-green
06-26-2013, 01:48 PM
Trying to do this but want some one with craftsmanship n that has done em before n came out working right
Real hid retrofit diy: S14 zenki with tsx projectors + bmw shroud (http://www.infestforum.com/forum/showthread.php?46-Real-hid-retrofit-diy-S14-zenki-with-tsx-projectors-bmw-shroud)
I have some projectors I got from a early 2k BMW 7 series

Any one local knows what's up hit me up will pay for labor

Dagostino480
07-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Why pay for someone to do them? Here is my advice, find some zenki headlights and rip those apart so you still have some on your car. take your time and research the retrofit and then just go for it

DJ-of-E
07-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Why pay for someone to do them? Here is my advice, find some zenki headlights and rip those apart so you still have some on your car. take your time and research the retrofit and then just go for it

Man, you Zilvians are cheap mofos. Even the Z guys are more willing to pay someone else to do the work because not everyone has skills or "craftsmanship." :rant:

Unfortunately I do not know someone local for this sort of thing. You have a much better chance with Z or BMW forums for this.

Boss240
07-01-2013, 06:52 PM
You call it being cheap, I see it as learning a new skill.

Dagostino480
07-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Built not bought, a car enthusiast should take pride in building his/her own car. Of course he can go and buy some but if he challenges himself to tackle a project then not only will he have a feeling of accomplishment but he willbe able to help his community out and show others. Plus, any car enthusiast should want to have his car unique not something that has been seen before.

As for the first comment I had I was not trying to flame or harass you but on a project like this the skill set needed to make the end result is next to none. Challenge yourself to learn more and that is how you will earn respect.

tacotacotaco
07-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Seeing some of the built not bought cars. Ie home mods are producing some terrible cars

Dagostino480
07-01-2013, 10:11 PM
That's cause people think they can build a fully built car for 3000 lol

DJ-of-E
07-02-2013, 11:56 AM
As for the first comment I had I was not trying to flame or harass you but on a project like this the skill set needed to make the end result is next to none. Challenge yourself to learn more and that is how you will earn respect.

I use to think this way until "time" became an issue in both as a hobbyist and a professional.

I'm a software developer by trade. If I work on cars directly, like a garage, I understand. However, but spending more time on cars as a hobby will become detrimental to the point where you lose time somewhere else. Not everyone has time to work these projects and sometimes time is of the essence.

While I have respect for those doing the entire work of the car on their own, it really becomes "waste of time" if you cannot apply it for financial gain.

This is where economies of scale and specializations come in and why companies outsource services to other companies (and I don't mean outsource to another country).

s13love-green
07-02-2013, 07:00 PM
lol ill do em my self with help of a friend lets hope i dont fuck it up

Dagostino480
07-02-2013, 08:32 PM
lol ill do em my self with help of a friend lets hope i dont fuck it up
It's not as hard as you think man, and please post your results. Good luck

Got Insulin?
07-02-2013, 08:38 PM
Check out the forums provided by The RetroFit Source at HIDplanet.com. Lots of good info over there.

HiDplanet : The Official Automotive Lighting Forum (http://www.hidplanet.com/forums)

SpeedY33
07-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Hit up Tommy @musicbox in El Monte

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

jlopez7354
08-15-2013, 07:52 PM
Trying to do this but want some one with craftsmanship n that has done em before n came out working right
Real hid retrofit diy: S14 zenki with tsx projectors + bmw shroud (http://www.infestforum.com/forum/showthread.php?46-Real-hid-retrofit-diy-S14-zenki-with-tsx-projectors-bmw-shroud)
I have some projectors I got from a early 2k BMW 7 series

Any one local knows what's up hit me up will pay for labor

Did you ever find anyone to do it I was interested in getting this done as well but I don't have the time or patience to attempt doing it.

s13love-green
08-18-2013, 09:04 PM
Did you ever find anyone to do it I was interested in getting this done as well but I don't have the time or patience to attempt doing it.

I have not finished getting all parts
Just need spare clean hl and clear lenses n drumel kit
But these link helped me see its not that hard like I thought