PDA

View Full Version : 240sx cylinder 2 keeps going out. Need some help/advice

briansideways
06-23-2013, 01:41 PM
So about a week ago I'm driving and all the sudden my car is puttering and dieing If I let I the gas for too long. So I find out it was the 2 cylinder so I went ahead and changed all my spark plugs, and the. Ended up replacing the injector with one from the junkyard.
This worked for about 2 days and it went out again same thing so I replace the Injector again and it works for about 3 days and now it's doing the same thing.
What's going on here and how can I fix it

I have a 91 24kade

DJ-of-E
06-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Before replacing the injector, did you try just reseating the same fuel injector and replug the electrical connector to the fuel injector? This will indicate the problem as obvious.

Either bad injectors you've keep bringing from junk yard, bad oring seals on injectors, or something is shorting out the injector for cylinder 2.

Go from there.

briansideways
06-23-2013, 02:25 PM
I honesty don't even have the original injector anymore I tossed it after I replaced it the first time. I got all new seals for the replacement one both times. I'll pull it out and take a look, make sure it seated the right way.

What sorta of solutions are there for a short?

DJ-of-E
06-23-2013, 02:50 PM
I honesty don't even have the original injector anymore I tossed it after I replaced it the first time. I got all new seals for the replacement one both times. I'll pull it out and take a look, make sure it seated the right way.

What sorta of solutions are there for a short?

Unfortunately, I am not an electrical expert to resolve it properly so I usually take it to one of my friends who is.

It's just odd if you keep replacing injectors to work for a few days and then does not work anymore. For all I know, something is killing the injectors and usually it is a bad short to the injectors or failing seals.