PDA

View Full Version : Definitive answer needed- Difference in KA24e (sohc) vs. KA24DE (dohc) Lower Harness

Kaomon
06-23-2013, 12:27 AM
Hello guys,

I normally don't do this, but I am having an issue finding out the exact difference in dohc vs sohc KA lower trans harness for the S13 chassis. I've tried searching, but majority comes up with swapping a twin cam into a single cam. Many users across various forums say either DE or E harness will work paired with either motors minus some plugs not being used, but that's as far as it goes. I'm essentially looking to be spoon fed some answers from members who have first hand experience, none of that hearsay nonsense to find out the exact difference in a single vs. a twin cam lower harness.

In my case, I would like to use a sohc lower harness on a twin cam swap. Will there be plugs not needed from the sohc harness or vice versa, perhaps the harness is missing some connectors, albeit not necessary/crucial? Plugs mismatched? and etc. Any input would help. And to those questioning why, the reason being is I would like to swap over a brand new sohc lower harness, as the dohc lower harness is discontinued by Nissan since the Northeast climate has finally caught up with my harness, creating brittle wires, and now shorts.

Thanks Guys & Much Appreciated!

Kaomon
10-17-2013, 01:53 AM
Anyone have any input? It'll be much appreciated.

brndck
10-17-2013, 04:57 AM
Why not just buy a dohc lower harness and compare the two?

Kaomon
10-17-2013, 10:49 AM
Why not just buy a dohc lower harness and compare the two?

Good point, but money doesn't grow on trees. But if I can find an definitive answer of the actual difference beforehand, it'll be super helpful. Otherwise, I'll just be dumping more money than needed. I figured some members might know because many have done single cam to dual cam swaps in the past. Like I mentioned, I spent a good amount of time reading over the Sohc to Dohc swaps and people do reuse the sohc harness, but I would like to know what make the two harness different. IIRC, one difference is that one of the pigtail that goes to the power steering high pressure is longer than the dohc harness?.

And my reasoning again is that the oem Nissan DOHC harness is discontinued for the S13 chassis, and the only one still available is for the SOHC. Though, I did see that wiring specialties now carries the twin cam lower harness. But I still like to find out the actual difference on what makes both harness different for future reference.

wiring specialties
10-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Hey Kaomon, not sure if you ever got your question answered but the S13 KA24de and KA24E lower harness is generally the same. The only difference is one non essential connector that is on the DE thats not on the E or vise versa.

-Brandon