PDA

View Full Version : Help with turn signals

RacNgi
04-29-2004, 03:00 PM
Ok my turn signals don`t flash or somethings with flash once or twice then will stop. when they stop flashing they don`t light up. All the bulbs work. So the question is what do you think it is. Flasher unit? If so where is it on a 97 240sx. I can`t listen for the clicking sound if it`s not working. thanks

mistaanime
04-29-2004, 04:16 PM
you probably have a fuked up switch..relay..

RacNgi
04-29-2004, 09:00 PM
ok where is the relay located?

idlafie
04-30-2004, 02:32 AM
Ok my turn signals don`t flash or somethings with flash once or twice then will stop. when they stop flashing they don`t light up. All the bulbs work. So the question is what do you think it is. Flasher unit? If so where is it on a 97 240sx. I can`t listen for the clicking sound if it`s not working. thanks

Have you checked to see if you have any "burnt-out" fuses? Check in the engine compartment right next to your car battery & in the passenger cabin - lower driver side kick panel. If your fuse "burned out" then replace it & see if your turn signals come back.

If that doesn't work, then try replacing your flasher unit control box. It should be in the same area that the door chime unit is at. Put your keys in the ignition, turn it to the "ON" position then open your car door. Look underneath your dash & locate your door chime unit. The flasher combination unit should be right next to it...you'll probably be looking in the area underneath the dashboard to the right of your brake pedal.

Anyhow, hope this helps...

ID
95 SE
:x:

RacNgi
05-11-2004, 09:56 PM
thanks I was able to find it.