PDA

View Full Version : new clutch

KOUKI KA-T
04-29-2004, 11:50 AM
So my stock clutch is toast. Had the turbo running for 5 days now and the clutch can't handle it. I knew it would die, just never expected so fast. I have a 97 with 59k on it and the turbo is a t3 running at 7psi. So I want my car to remain real comfortable since it's a daily driver. I had an ACT xtreme pressure plated clutch in my old car. I did get used to it and it was great but I don't want this car turning into a rattle trap. But the HD is only rated at 267 ft/lbs. Max psi I'll be pushing with this turbo ever is 10 or so, think I can get away with using the HD pressure plate or do I need to suck it up and go xtreme? And I don't want a SPEC clutch so no need to suggest one of those.

Powashiftin
04-29-2004, 03:13 PM
If the HD is rated at 267ft/lbs and you want to go at least 10psi on it. You'll probably be at around 260+ ft/lbs. So why risk it? Suck it up and go with the xtreme.

orion::S14
04-29-2004, 09:02 PM
While the ACT street/strip clutch is only rated at 270-something TQ, it's been proven to hold +400rwhp on a few occasion, with track event and abuse, and no issues.

I have one, and love it. 9psi from a T3/T04E...holds just fine.

- Brian

Gladman
04-29-2004, 10:34 PM
what do the extreme PP's sell for?

I cheaped out and got some no name brand stage 3, it coughs out on me at 7psi.

KOUKI KA-T
04-30-2004, 07:24 AM
While the ACT street/strip clutch is only rated at 270-something TQ, it's been proven to hold +400rwhp on a few occasion, with track event and abuse, and no issues.

I have one, and love it. 9psi from a T3/T04E...holds just fine.

- Brian

Nice, exactly what I wanted to hear. Especially since the local police force decided they needed 122$ of my money last night so now I have even less to spend. HD/SS it is.