PDA

View Full Version : Kill Me

old_s13
04-28-2004, 06:45 PM
I rarely post.. mostly because I like talking shit and dont have anything good to say with you bastards because I hate most of you. But I think things are changing, I'm starting to warm up to some of the new folk on here and at the same time, I think people are starting to get used to my dislike for crappy quality products and bullshit conversions.

So.. the topic? As you can imagine, like all Internet sites I deal with a fair amount of e-mail every day. Those of you who've been following the threads recently, remember the S13 with the 280ZX front end. Most of you will remember my dissatisfaction with the conversion.. fine fine.. next.. lets move on. Until I stumble into this email...

I bought a 1981 Datsun 280 zx turbo and im really interested in finding a S-15 head light conversion kit and a set of Skyline tails to fabricate into the mix.If u know where i can find or how much it would cost me to have u make them or if it is even possible.If u could answer any of this for me please email me back at [email protected]

I dont think I've ever heard of this conversion, or anyone ever wanting to do this conversion before.. not even in Japan. BUT whats even more crazy, is why .. why the hell are they e-mailing me? Do I sell body kits? Do I sell Altezza tail lights? Do I sell ANY of this shit?! JEEEEEEZ.. dont people THINK before they just hit send.. or do they just roll the dice.

S15 headlamps on 280Z...X....................... HOTNESS

I want to slit my wrists

GonadSX
04-28-2004, 06:48 PM
Welcome to the JDM Bandwagon.

Seems people are all getting into the latest trend. 240sx. And a lot of them
being ricers just want attention so they want to do the weirdest shit possible.

All these people need a flag on their car with the text "HEY EVERYONE, LOOK AT ME"

Talk about attention whorage.

Same goes for those want to buy a 240sx just for the SR.

mike13
04-28-2004, 06:48 PM
i love you

twitchy
04-28-2004, 07:23 PM
hey old...how was your childhood...it seems like you hate everything, you crank!

citizen
04-28-2004, 07:31 PM
maybe he figured that since your such a nice, friendly, and helpful person that you might give him some good advice /sarcasm off ^^

russian
04-28-2004, 08:18 PM
so Mike, we are not doing the conversion on my camry? wtf :fawk2:

WilloW
04-28-2004, 08:22 PM
S15 headlamps on 280Z...X....................... HOTNESS

I want to slit my wrists

I guess some of the oldshooler were right when they said that the 240 is going to become the new civic. 280zx = ugly, S15 lights on 280zx = uglier.

old_s13
04-28-2004, 08:32 PM
haha why do people think that just because someone is pissed off that they had to have been abused.

i will explain what fuels the fire. CHEAP SHIT in the automotive industry and TRENDY BASTARDS.

WilloW
04-28-2004, 08:36 PM
haha why do people think that just because someone is pissed off that they had to have been abused.

i will explain what fuels the fire. CHEAP SHIT in the automotive industry and TRENDY BASTARDS.

You're saying cheap shit in the industry, are you talking about APC and similar crap?

DuffMan
04-28-2004, 08:47 PM
Jesus people, a car is not a giant mobile Mr Potato Head doll where they can just stick on whatever headlights, taillights front bumpers ect. as they like.

curbsurfer
04-28-2004, 11:21 PM
is this a group buy? if so, i am in. i want 2 sets of s15 lights and some skyline tails for my 280. i want 2 sets of s15 lights because i drift so much that i need spare parts. J/K :ugh:

black180sx
04-28-2004, 11:33 PM
[email protected]

sounds like a joke....

Bliss
04-28-2004, 11:39 PM
sounds like a joke....

lol...or he just didnt mention the guys email so people here wouldnt email the guy. i know its hard to catch sarcasm on the net, but ur pushing it. :fawkd: :)

dori2 s13coupe
04-28-2004, 11:44 PM
hmm old.. maybe its a new calling for you???

Hawd
04-29-2004, 12:32 AM
Same goes for those want to buy a 240sx just for the SR.

whats wrong with that?

old_s13
04-29-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by GonadSX
>>Same goes for those want to buy a 240sx just for the SR.

>whats wrong with that?

Jeeeeeeeez..

SHALLOW MINDED? Is that a good enough reason?

Originally Posted by black180sx
>>sounds like a joke....

>lol...or he just didnt mention the guys email so people here wouldnt email the guy. i know its hard to
>catch sarcasm on the net, but ur pushing it.

oh wow.. people really are missing brain cells on this forum. :) YES, I wrote a fake e-mail address as not to reveal the identity of this goofball.

Hawd
04-29-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by GonadSX
>>Same goes for those want to buy a 240sx just for the SR.

>whats wrong with that?

Jeeeeeeeez..

aw :\ ok what if it's someone who loves nissans and just wanted something rwd.

Steeles
04-29-2004, 07:22 AM
Jesus people, a car is not a giant mobile Mr Potato Head doll where they can just stick on whatever headlights, taillights front bumpers ect. as they like.

HAHAHHA hey Duff can I use that as my new sig? :rofl:

old_s13
04-29-2004, 09:12 AM
here you go guys.... :)

hi i just wonder do you have that shark fenders or the fender that is looke the same in the picture. let me know if so, how much?

Yeah.. mmmmmmmmmkay.

I have a 1994 Integra GSR and I am looking to purchase Skyline G34 Projector Headlights. Can you send me any information on the prices and picture of the headlight. Thanks!

hahaha mmmmmmmkay... riiiiiiiiiight.

I am going to develop an automatic e-mail posting software that will post ALL my e-mails. From now on, I leave it up to you guys to respond to these jokers. Will the Zilvia/ClearCorners crew be merciful? OR, will they respond with great fury and vengeance! :)

ralphyboy
04-29-2004, 09:48 AM
Hey Old, they keep trying to make the world fool proof and all it gives us is proof of fools. people don't have to have any knowledge to live day to day. People are trying to be nonconformists in a world of suposed nonconformists, the odd man out is now the norm. Tatoo's and peircing's were originally a statement, now they are cool and mean nothing at all, ooh look I have a permanent ink dolphin on my stomach... You should have the reply "look outrageously different at the next car show..... keep it stock"

Thats my rant for the day I'll go to my room now for a freakin TIME OUT, spank your child please.

Var
04-29-2004, 10:04 AM
\"look outrageously different at the next car show..... keep it stock"

:bigok:

I dont get it mike. What justifies someone blowing 500 bucks 0r 1000 bucks on some taillights @ clearcorners.com ? Same thing that justifies anyone wanting to do gay body conversions on their cars. They want to have something different than everyone else. Same reason people buy 17x7 wheels. To look cool. Same reason people buy carbon fiber hoods. To look cool...sure you get a lighter front end :jerkit: , and 17 inch tires have stiffer low profile sidewalls :jerkit: but people do it to look cool when they're only 7 inch wide wheels.
Who cares what mods people do to their cars. All exterior mods add up to the same thing. gayness. The only difference is x group of people like x mod, and y group likes y mod.

The only reason i would buy a set of headlights from you is for late night mountain runs. And mabye those LED corner lights, i've been wanting those for a minute now.

Andrew Bohan
04-29-2004, 10:38 AM
"i wanted to try something new, but that's already been done"
by avasia - "the slackers"

sykikchimp
04-29-2004, 12:02 PM
I neeeed some B34 tail-lights for my BUM!
--moved--

DuffMan
04-29-2004, 12:04 PM
HAHAHHA hey Duff can I use that as my new sig? :rofl:
Sure!

:cool:

95Blue240sx
04-29-2004, 12:05 PM
Hey mike really offtopic, and i could care less, when are you going to do a GB on s14 side markers!?! that shit is way overpriced!!!!

old_s13
04-29-2004, 12:27 PM
Hey mike really offtopic, and i could care less, when are you going to do a GB on s14 side markers!?! that shit is way overpriced!!!!

Our S14 sidemarkers are hand built, so are the LED boards. If you want cheap, I am sure APC sells euro-clear side-markers.. or TYC.. or one of those companies. Too much work goes into our products, group buys are only good for companies looking to move volume for mass produced products.

I cant imagine doing a group buy "paint job" .. same goes for our product or any product/service that isnt easily replicated.

mk20116
04-29-2004, 01:11 PM
it seems some people would assume you have the knowledge of cars. and also assume...err....you're nice....

hmmm....nice and old_s13 in the same sentence......

off topic though......
what ever mike sells is what his idea is for fair pricing. we may think it's expensive but he's the only one who has/makes them..

kinda reminds me of that guy who tried to buy my louis 13 , millenium edition....
the guy tells me it retails for 4000.....i say i'm selling it for 6000.....he say's it's a rip off....i tell him...well it's mine ain't it?

95Blue240sx
04-29-2004, 07:03 PM
it was worth a try, the ones that you guys have look awsome. i dont want that euro clear shit otherwise id be driving a honda. maybe ill pick up a set.

TheTimanator
04-29-2004, 07:26 PM
old_s13 :rl: haha

But seriously, it seems to me the "import scene" (not sure what else to call it, haha...the BS scene?) is full of people with high school attitudes (of course a lot of them are still in HS, doesn't mean they have to act like it though):
people who do stuff to look fast would be people who are trying to be people they aren't=fakes
people who do stuff because it's trendy are just trying to fit in

Reminds me of my high schools days and the different groups people we had. So many people afraid to be real or they'll do everything half-way just to get by....

I don't know. I guess this is true about a lot of things... :down:

BTW, someday I want to pick up some of your red/clear tails.. I love those things!!!!

AKADriver
04-29-2004, 07:57 PM
whats wrong with that?

It depends how you interpret it.

There's nothing wrong with knowing right off the bat that you're going to want more power. When I bought my Civic, I bought it with the mindset that once I have the suspension and brakes sorted, it's getting a better engine. No big deal. It's what project cars are all about, and it's good to have a somewhat cohesive vision of what you want to do with a car before you start tearing it apart. I don't see this mindset as being any different from buying a better car to start with.

But then there are people who just want something because it's the latest thing. They want a 240SX with an SR just so they can say they've got a JDM engine. They're obsessed with rattling off engine codes and aren't concerned so much with the joy of driving. It's this mindset that makes the Honda community so crappy. People buy $2000 coilovers just to crank them to the bottom of their adjustment. They buy $1000 Bride or Recaro seats then drive with the gangsta' recline. They buy $4000 imported engines just to do sloppy installs with mismatched jumbles of shiny expensive aftermarket parts. It's stupid.

old_s13
04-29-2004, 10:12 PM
akadriver> for once.. i couldnt agree with you more. i whole-heartedly agree.

timanator> and i agree with you, if you are going to do something.. do it for the love of the sport, not the scene and not the trend.

mk20116> yep, when you sell something you have to associate a value with it. i listed my black racing 16x8 wheels for sale AND my custom FD wheels for sale a few months back, after a few e-mails and annoying phonecalls I decided not to sell them. why? low-ballers and folks who cant seem to appreciate things for what they're worth.

with my business, I can completely say that it has taken a lot of time, effort, and heartache to separate myself from the masses of aftermarket companies who sell junk and are in it to make a quick buck. its unfortunate, but you have to turn away customers who simply dont understand the value and work that goes into a product. its not like there is a huge assembly line and we just stamp LED side-markers out.. its not like these black-widow body kits that come off the boat-load. hours and hours go into a lot of this stuff.

as for the side-markers, i have many core sets in stock.. if you ever need a set built.. let me know and i can build them.. single LED, dual LED, incandescent, clear/silver, clear/gun-metal, clear/black-housing.. whatever configuration you desire.

- Mike

ZenkiS14
04-30-2004, 12:18 AM
Before I go ranting and raving, I would like to see it done. Then I think it would make more sense to give an opinion.

M.Piedlourde
04-30-2004, 07:46 AM
Don't know about you all, but in my area, the ratio of fart-canned, primer-colored bodykit Hondas to NICE tuner cars seems to be about 50/1. I can't tell you the last time I saw a really nicely done car on the street, but I see BS "projects" every damn day.

Is it stupid? Yes, but it doesn't bug me. I'm sure it WOULD if those same dumbasses were emailing me all the time like they do with old_s13, though. In my eyes, the fact that most of the "tuner cars" running around are shit just makes the nicely done ones even nicer. Separates the true enthusiasts from the bandwagon sackriders.

S14Speed997
04-30-2004, 09:06 AM
Old S13, I hated you when i first saw your posts...But you have turned out ok...

Now for this plan i have to stop the "SILVIA SR20DET" trend, or bandwagon...we all put our money together, buy the remaining S14's...so no more ricers can find them, anywhere!!!!! mUAHAHAHAHA!!!

95Blue240sx
04-30-2004, 09:39 AM
^^^^^ ROFL i felt the same way about him. i was like WTF is this guys problem. the more i read his post the funnier it gets.

mike think you can post more pics of the side markers? the only ones i see on your site are clear and amber. thanks.

TRUENOCOUPE
04-30-2004, 11:13 AM
Old_S13 is a grumpy Old_Man...

http://www.swiftsite.com/writersweb/108019.gif

Var
04-30-2004, 11:16 AM
Just wait until someone posts something stupid on a forum, or until someone sends him a super retarded email or something.. Then he'll go off into another month of crazy posts about how everyone sucks.

TRUENOCOUPE
04-30-2004, 11:21 AM
Just wait until someone posts something stupid on a forum, or until someone sends him a super retarded email or something.. Then he'll go off into another month of crazy posts about how everyone sucks.

Like I said.... Grumpy Old_Man...

S14Speed997
04-30-2004, 12:11 PM
Now that we've stroked his ego............

How about all of you lay in a pile naked, and do homo acts to prevent immigrants from the future from taking our jobs.... :fawk2:

old_s13
04-30-2004, 12:17 PM
Pics of the side-markers, S14 page updated:

http://clearcorners.com/products/nissan/240sx2/F_smark/Image01.jpg
http://clearcorners.com/products/nissan/240sx2/F_smark/

Pics of the new clear/LED 3rd brake light:

http://clearcorners.com/products/nissan/240sx2/R_3br/Image01.jpg
http://clearcorners.com/products/nissan/240sx2/R_3br/

Cheers,
- Mike

oojpeeoo
04-30-2004, 02:48 PM
240 is a 240...bc is looks nice...handles well... and u can do alot to it...the main reason y i piked mine up few yrs ago is bc i bought my s14 for dirt cheap...i had no idea i would spend so much money modding it and such forth...mos def fun to with though and fuck around on a track

Red
04-30-2004, 04:50 PM
Another off topic for old_s13

Do you do a the 3rd light without it clear? I dont like the clear one much...

Also the 240's are starting to have to much air time now... I dont like my car to be looked at... Its like lookin at my woman... I'ma beat some ass :)

The only good thing that could come of this is real performance makers might take an intrest... The bad thing is that so will the shitty performance people... Going to see full Altez soon people. :(

MakotoS13
04-30-2004, 06:21 PM
half the people that want RWD cause "FWD sux baaaaaaaaaaaallz nigga" don't even understand WHY RWD is better let alone what it takes to build a machine that looks professionally done top to bottom...

these were the same people that thought their civics could be on par with cars like the vette and viper just months before reading about silvia projects in SCC and what-not.

hell, i'm starting to think that a KA-T will be a better idea than the SR especially due to all these trendy dicksucks jumping on the "mizzad tyte JDM" bandwagon.

Var
04-30-2004, 06:30 PM
hell, i'm starting to think that a KA-T will be a better idea than the SR especially due to all these trendy dicksucks jumping on the "mizzad tyte JDM" bandwagon.

That's the wrong reason to go with KA-T. Anti-rice is just as bad as rice. Just ignore the scene and do what your research tells you .

old_s13
04-30-2004, 08:47 PM
That's the wrong reason to go with KA-T. Anti-rice is just as bad as rice. Just ignore the scene and do what your research tells you .

Yep, he's right on that one.

Do you do a the 3rd light without it clear? I dont like the clear one much...

I am sure I can, but I dont think its something I am looking to sell.. mostly because the red takes away from the light output since it acts as a filter. Clear is definately the way to go.

BTW, here are some more new pics... maybe this should be moved back to chat since its now on topic? haha fucking moderators.. crazy sons of bitches.

http://clearcorners.com/products/nissan/240sx1/F_sig3B/Image04.jpg

Pics of the new 96-98 front turn signals here:
http://clearcorners.com/products/nissan/240sx1/F_sig3A/

and pics of the 96-98 front parking lamps here:
http://clearcorners.com/products/nissan/240sx1/F_sig3B/

Both available in LED, both available in a multitude of finishes.

Enjoy!
Mike

DRFT
04-30-2004, 09:02 PM
some of the pics arent working

old_s13
05-01-2004, 02:52 AM
No, all of the pics should be working. Please post a direct broken link and I'll look into it.

95Blue240sx
05-01-2004, 10:17 AM
Also the 240's are starting to have to much air time now... I dont like my car to be looked at... Its like lookin at my woman... I'ma beat some ass :)

ROFL!!! ahhaha

Hey Old you say those turn signals are for 96-98? why not 95? here is the ones im talking about http://clearcorners.com/products/nissan/240sx1/F_sig3A/

this turned into a Ask Mike any questiong thread hehe

DRFT
05-01-2004, 10:57 AM
http://clearcorners.com/products/nissan/240sx1/F_sig3B/Image09.jpg

http://clearcorners.com/products/nissan/240sx1/F_sig3B/Image10.jpg

http://clearcorners.com/products/nissan/240sx1/F_sig3B/Image11.jpg

those are the broken links