PDA

View Full Version : Need some help figuring this out please.

Turb0wned
06-07-2013, 08:52 PM
I'm going to try to give as much information as possible and add more as I remember.

Ok so I have an S14 SR20DET Zenki motor in an S14.

My car runs like complete crap. To start it, most the time I have to give it gas. Idle will go from 13.4- 17 A/F whenever it wants. When I give it gas it hesitates before it revs. When I drive it(out of boost, haven't boosted at all because i'm running stock injectors), I get a fuel cut then it starts back on its own a few seconds later. My crap external waste gate is letting exhaust out of the screamer pipe. Tried a buddies other crap xs power wastegate, same thing (ordering a Tial). I haven't installed my 550cc injectors because I don't have a tune yet (sending to enthapy once I get the car running).

What the car has.
-ITS T3/T4 Turbo
-ISIS (yes I know crap manifold)
-Brian Crower 264 Cams
-Stock S14 SR20DET Maf
-Stock 370cc injectors
-Tial QR BOV recirculated
-FMIC
-XS Power wastegate (with a nice exhaust leak out the screamer on idle!)
-300zx fuel filter
-Walbro Fuel pump
-Cometic Headgasket
-ARP Head bolts

What i've tried
-Cleaned MAF
-Cleaned IACV
-Changed spark plugs to NGK BRK6
-Tried another WC ECU
-Replaced leaking fuel line

-Compression is 150 across
-Previous owner of the wiring harness had an AFC Neo wired in, wiring doesn't look to professional nether.

Today is when I took out my manifold, turbo, ect to try out the other waste gate. When I started it up, it wanted to die when I reved it up and eventually died and doesn't want to start back up now. Does turn over though.

SharkMan
06-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Has the car ran like crap since you've got it? Sounds like its time for a tune.

Turb0wned
06-07-2013, 09:31 PM
Has the car ran like crap since you've got it? Sounds like its time for a tune.

Wouldn't and shouldn't the car technically run fine with an upgraded turbo on stock injectors and cams though? I'm talking about regular driving.

fliprayzin240sx
06-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Do the basic, pop the valve cover, set the engine in TDC, double check the mechanical timing and then re-stab the CAS. Reshoot it just to make sure the electrical timing is good. Did you gap the plugs to .030? Check your TPS timing?

Turb0wned
06-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Do the basic, pop the valve cover, set the engine in TDC, double check the mechanical timing and then re-stab the CAS. Reshoot it just to make sure the electrical timing is good. Did you gap the plugs to .030? Check your TPS timing?

Will do......

Turb0wned
06-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Ok so I checked the TPS and adjusted it to .45 with key on (it was at .56). Car still doesn't start.

Checked voltage with key on of the MAF plug, got .4 volts from the signal wire and 10.5 volts from the 12 volt wire....... Added an extra ground to the ground wire and got .5 volts from the signal wire....

I haven't check timing yet.

Turb0wned
06-08-2013, 10:56 AM
Only getting 4 volts from the tps WOT though..

Turb0wned
06-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Just to give an update, checked my timing and I was off by 1 tooth. Moved it over now just waiting for my new valve cover gasket to come in and test the car.

ShadowMan
06-10-2013, 10:09 PM
The tps is adjustable, so put the car in mode to learn a new tps signal, adjust it so it reads .45-5 volts and see what that does. As long as you're careful you can reuse the VC gasket to see how it responds to your new adjustments. At least until your new one comes in, no need to wait for that just to tune the car up.

Turb0wned
06-11-2013, 04:26 AM
Yeah I know I can re-use it but mine was all cracked. So I would I adjust the TPS for WOT and idle? I already adjusted it on idle to .45 but it's at .4 at WOT.

cotbu
06-11-2013, 04:44 AM
.45- 4.16v-4.20v is good
You want just under 5.00v for WOT

!Zar!
06-11-2013, 10:13 AM
When did the issue start?

Have you recently installed anything?

Happen to have another maf you can try?

AJZax
06-12-2013, 03:10 PM
your setup looks like it needs a tune :/
Hit up RS-Enthalpy they'll get you straightened out.
In addition, he can probably diagnose your problem on your car very quick.
Tune would make a LOT better use of those upgrades.

Btw, nothing to be ashamed of on ISIS intake lol, I just ported and blended mine so it's smooth and port-matched. My buddy runs an ISIS 3871 and made 295whp on 14 psi with poncams, exhaust and fmic (550s and walbro fuel support). Martin said it could've made 350whp without trouble. Stopped due to extenuating circumstances haha

Turb0wned
06-16-2013, 05:58 PM
Just an update. Hooked up a fuel pressure gauge and it's at 40psi. I've been talking to Martin through email back and forth. He's helping me troubleshoot the issue.