PDA

View Full Version : Headlight alignment is way off?

FourtyKid
06-01-2013, 03:27 PM
S13 silvia front end on S13 coupe.

I don't ever remember it being off at all, now when I put my headlights back together, they're all crooked, like this:

http://i.imgur.com/oh5wZXi.png

The middle Silvia piece doesn't even fit in between the two headlights. I've got all the correct bolts in the right places, they still sit goofy. Thinking I might need to make my own DIY brackets. Anyone else experienced this?

ShadowMan
06-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Loosen all your bolts up that hold in the headlights but do not take them all the way out. I'm willing to bet that you will will be able to shift them around a bit. You may even need to add shims here and there (washers), but adjust them until they are positioned right, then tighten the bolts down. That is, if you haven't tried this yet. These cars are roughly 20 years old, shit changes with every bump you hit, even if it is by just a smidge.

Danial
06-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Whenever you are putting anything together, its usually a good idea to give everything a test fit before you bolt it down. Like ShadowMan said, things do change over time, but a lot of times you did something to change the configuration.

I would take the headlights back out, get a picture of a silvia front end with no headlights and see if any of the mounting points look bent