PDA

View Full Version : Bellhousing bolts on KA24E

Rennen
04-26-2004, 04:53 PM
I am bolting a spare KA24E to an engine stand and need 4 bolts to secure the block to the stand.

What diameter and pitch are the any of the bolts that attach the transmission to the block? I looked all through my FSM and could only find the length. Any help would be appreciated,

-Matt

knightrider
04-27-2004, 12:09 AM
do you not have the ones used to attatch the tranny to the engine? cuz i would use those, or take one to the hardware store to match it up with. im not sure about the size though

Rennen
04-27-2004, 07:38 AM
Nope, I don't have any of them. I picked up this engine from someone by itself, without the tranny. So I don't have any of those bolts. I went to Lowes and got some 7/16 4" long Grade 8 bolts.... They fit through 2 of the holes that aren't threaded, but the other holes are threaded, so I will obviously need some metric size to fit those.

I was hoping someone had these just sitting around from an engine swap or something and they could measure them. I guess I can try going past Nissan and seeing if their computer says anything, but I doubt they will be of much help....

-Matt

sykikchimp
04-27-2004, 09:09 AM
I'm not sure, but I'm betting they are the same size as your lug nuts. m12 x 1.25

Rennen
04-27-2004, 12:17 PM
OK, thanks

I will scour the town for some place that sells grade 8 metric stuff this afternoon.

-Matt

Rennen
04-27-2004, 02:00 PM
ah ha! found them

In case anyone searches for this in the future, M10 x 1.5 pitch fit in the top holes and the bottom holes arent threaded so it doesnt matter.

Thanks for the starting point sykikchimp

-Matt