PDA

View Full Version : funny noise

zil40
04-25-2004, 10:02 PM
im new here but have a ? my car has a funny noise that comes from the motor it kinda sounds like a rattly grind its in the top part of the motor i took the valve cover off it sounds like a rocker arm but there all tite me and my dad are stumped it also seems like it has a lot of oil blow by the sound doesnt seem like its geting worse any idea that you guys would have for me to check would be great thanx

mutkung
04-26-2004, 12:05 AM
I think i had similar prob with my old KA. never figure out what it was.
My brother thinks that it might be the timing chain be cause the sound came from front of the engine and when we kinna put some presure on the valve cover the sound was kinna louder and it feels like it was hitting the valve cover. But don't take my word for it though because we haven't rebuilt that engine yet so it might be another thing. other people probably have other opinion and knows more than I do. Just and opinion from me. :faint:

zil40
04-30-2004, 04:37 PM
i dont think it could be the timeing chain and giudes cuzz i just replaced them but the sound seemed to get wores after i replaced all of that stuff the sound isnt geting any wores and my clutch is acting up a replaced the slave the master and took out that block on the frame it has worked great sins i did all that but know its doing what it did before it worke4s then go's to the flore pump it it workes a little while than go's to the flore any thoughts on any of this