PDA

View Full Version : formula drift results?

pruto
04-25-2004, 09:47 PM
so what happened? anyone wanna give the low down?

balmo
04-25-2004, 10:06 PM
1st place: samuel h.(don't know which or who)
2nd place: chris forsburg- 350Z
3rd place: hiro?-ae86
4th place: JR gitten-S13 coupe

this taken from a post @ club4ag

pruto
04-25-2004, 10:19 PM
wow, i guess sam is the best of the western drivers (mopar dodge, made his name at D1GP)

i'm happy hiro did well, go Trojans! but, i'm surprised he did better than Taka, IMO Taka is the better of the two hachi guys. wait, are you sure it wasn't Taka? Taka = white hachi, Hiro = cream hachi

who is JR gitten? east coast guy?

97DubTruck
04-26-2004, 08:53 AM
I had to leave early after saturday night and didn't get to see the finals. i swear though every car there had an sr20. A 350z had a sr for god sakes!(RB Motoring?) A few FC rx-7's had sr's too. The Viper and Rhys Millen's GTO were killing it though. Falken s14 was nice and Tony Shultz ka-t s14 were both really good.

a2low240
04-29-2004, 10:44 AM
[who is JR gitten? east coast guy?

Check out his website, we sponsor him.
http://www.importintelligence.com/gittin.htm

sideviewcivic
04-29-2004, 02:09 PM
samuel h. you mean sam hubinette the swedish driver who drove the supra in D1 ???

pruto
04-29-2004, 03:18 PM
yes, that sam, he is some ice racing champion somewhere. He is mopar/dodge's official factory drifter now.

skills + mad sick viper = crazy drifts

Sniper-X
04-29-2004, 04:14 PM
I watched a video from Formula D and I have to say, I am thoroughly unimpressed and dissapointed. It just looked "normal" and nothing spectacular.

ISTOTOSAO
04-29-2004, 06:50 PM
I watched a video from Formula D and I have to say, I am thoroughly unimpressed and dissapointed. It just looked "normal" and nothing spectacular.

What do you mean by "normal"? Like dday normal or D1 normal?

BBSHT240
04-29-2004, 09:19 PM

you must have watched the wrong video......... I think he means it is nothing like what he plays on Grand Turismo.

The event was awesome All of us drove our hearts out and competition was serious.

pruto
04-29-2004, 11:44 PM
to be fair, videos of drifting doesn't do it justice. You really can't tell how fast and crazy the action was unless you're there. Even some shots in option videos don't do drifting justice, 80mph sideways slides don't always translate correctly.

as for formula d, it looks like the course was really windy, i don't think it was a really high speed course like D1, someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Sniper-X
04-29-2004, 11:45 PM
you must have watched the wrong video......... I think he means it is nothing like what he plays on Grand Turismo.

The event was awesome All of us drove our hearts out and competition was serious.

Then show me the right video. And BTW, I don't play Grand Turismo either.

bigJ86
04-29-2004, 11:55 PM
are you sure it wasn't Taka? Taka = white hachi, Hiro = cream hachi

hiro took 3rd with a basically all stock 20v 4ag..... theres a thread on 4ag taka and hiro both listed there mods, taka geting 180+hp out of is na 20v 4ag.

to be fair, videos of drifting doesn't do it justice.

thats the truth, after i seen d1 last february, all movies of drifting are kind of lame now.

bigJ86
04-30-2004, 12:01 AM
http://www.vigvoodoo.com/Videos/AlexSam.wmv

heres a video(right click save as) of alex(turbo ae86 from d1) vs sam in the viper

Gootch
04-30-2004, 06:29 AM
Yo Sniper-X, what kind of FECKIN NOOB would just make a statement like yours when you werent even there? So you watched a couple friggin 20 second videos of a two day event.... Dont think it captures the excitement, nor the competition. But obviously your the expert.
Since I was there, my thoughts are: I was expecting an event like the NOOB described.... bland, very amateurish. Glad I was disappointed, 85% of the competition was fierce and very exciting. Tarzan and the rest of the Japanese drivers/judges really were fun to talk to and watch drive. Alex P and the Mad Swede going at it was great. Overall I give it a B+, events like these on the east coast are just what the sport needs to take off.

Sniper-X
04-30-2004, 02:42 PM
Yo Sniper-X, what kind of FECKIN NOOB would just make a statement like yours when you werent even there? So you watched a couple friggin 20 second videos of a two day event.... Dont think it captures the excitement, nor the competition. But obviously your the expert.
Since I was there, my thoughts are: I was expecting an event like the NOOB described.... bland, very amateurish. Glad I was disappointed, 85% of the competition was fierce and very exciting. Tarzan and the rest of the Japanese drivers/judges really were fun to talk to and watch drive. Alex P and the Mad Swede going at it was great. Overall I give it a B+, events like these on the east coast are just what the sport needs to take off.

Where do you get off calling me a NOOB? Because I had a different opinion of the event than you? When people put together a video of an event, they would probably put the best footage they took and the most exciting portions of the event that they captured video of...would you agree? So video coverage of an event could actually show what everyone wants to see and the most pertinent parts. Also, how many things in this world do you have an opinion about? Are you present at every situation that you talk about and have an opinion about? Basically, if you're giving your OPINION of NASA's Mars missions, were you at the meetings where NASA discussed the missions? Or perhaps you have an opinion about the US President. Were you there when he made his policies? I guess so if that's one of the main points of your agrument...that I wasn't at the event personally. And you seem to be reffering to me as a NOOB to the sport of drifting. At no point did I assert that I was an expert as you say. I expressed my opinion. And the last time I checked, that's protected by the first amendment. However, if you must know, I've been active in drifting for the past two years...not as a spectator in the bleachers, but as a driver at the longest running drift event in the US. I've driven against Fumiaki Komatsu and Miyamoto from Missle. But I still don't consider myself to be an expert in the sport. Now, I've seen some crazy battles and drivers ON VIDEO that I was impressed with. This wasn't one of them. So before you get on your high horse and make unwarranted assertions, check the premise on which your arguments are based on.

boro240
04-30-2004, 02:53 PM
i agree, all the videos and pictures didnt impress me very much. im not saying it was bad or anything, just nothing spectacular. especially sams awesome grip driving abilities. :rolleyes:

i WILL say that Sam Huberebrnrnyentetetettte looks like a huge asshole though.

midnights14
04-30-2004, 03:10 PM
I liked the video! Looks like they had fun that day, wish I could've been there....

drftrzdream
04-30-2004, 03:10 PM
i was there at the event for both days...it was my first event ive gone to, so i cant make many comparisons, but overall it was a good event....not just for the drifting, there was alot of exciting road racing goin on too. But the drifting course was not a very high speed course......the Road Atlanta people actually had to pave a new section onto the course for the Drift event. but overall it was a pretty exciting event, there just wasnt alot of space to have really good demos......

doriftokouki
04-30-2004, 06:04 PM
It might have been ok, but look at how gay the track layout is, its one sweeper into a lowspeed oval then back onto the sweeper again, maybe for an amateur drift event it will be fun to drive but for a pro event the track is not impressive at all, pro drivers can handle a course that is way more technical then that, course looks weak, the cars are nice and the drivers are good, but the track, there are more turns in a club4ag drift day.

Gootch
04-30-2004, 06:48 PM
Where do I get off?? The amazing thing is simply I was there.. you were not. I didnt say it was the BEST event ever ran/sponsered. You have a very strong opinion about something that you didnt actually attend, kind of suprises me that you can even argue your point.
It is a very narrow minded arguement..... wasnt the best.. surely not the "unimressive and dissapointing" event you described. But with your amazing skills and experience I must be wrong.

Sniper-X
05-01-2004, 01:42 AM
Alright, this will be my last post on the matter.
At no time did I say that it was the "worst" event that I've seen. Again, you're premising your point on the fact that I wasn't there personally. So by your reasoning, anyone who was there is an authority and anyone who wasn't isn't. Let's say hypothetically that Michael Schumacher, who wasn't there, says that he wasn't impressed with the event. Would you consider his opinion that of a NOOB because he wasn't there? Contrast that with someone who saw drifting for the first time and says that he wasn't impressed, but he was at the event. He's not a NOOB because he was there and his opinion should carry more weight than that of Michael Schumacher?
I'm sure you have strong opinions about events that you weren't at, whether it be world events, national news, or motorsports. But were you at all of those? Probably not. Therefore, physical presence is not a requisite for having an opinion and your agrument fails. That is all.

ISTOTOSAO
05-01-2004, 03:48 PM
Sniper- X is the VICTOR. I haven't seen the videos, but his arguement is BETTER.

Gootch
05-01-2004, 04:50 PM
LOL... like I said I MUST be wrong. With his vast knowledge of the event and me just being there... well, what can I say.

pruto
05-01-2004, 08:40 PM
well, i think we should focus on what we can agree on: ;)

watching drifting on video is not as exciting as watching drifting live

and watching drifting live is not as exciting as drifting yourself.

i also have a theory, i think the best seat in the house in a drift is not the driver, but the passenger. The driver is in control, so he's experiencing less thrills, and know whats going to happen (hopefully) while the passenger has no friggen clue but a windshield in front of him, the g forces in all dirrections seem exaggerated. 80mph in a passenger seat feels much faster than 80mph in a driver seat.

anyway, yeah, stop fighting :0

Gootch
05-01-2004, 10:59 PM
LOL good post pruto... well put.