PDA

View Full Version : Sr20 good for class 7 baja?

PIN GIO 2
05-22-2013, 09:40 AM
Hello everybody!!

i have some question to ask.

my boss want to try something different.

he got 96 Ranger reg cab and took 2.3l dump in metal scrap and decide to thorw full build sr20det in there.

my question will sr20det can handle heavy acceleration up for 250, 500 and 1000 miles baja?

we was going to do oil cooler system, dry sump system and much more.

do you guys think it gonna work or maybe you have better idea to make thing happen.

so far we start building sr20

New ACCL Bearing rod.
New comstiec metal gasket
Arp head stud
valve jobs
Brain crowner 272/ 272 cams
Top mount turbo manfoild
gt3076r turbo
light weight pulley

please feel free to say whatever you want to say. i m all listen!

thank you!:drool:

Mikester
05-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Get rid of the Cometic head gasket and get an APEXi, Tomei, Cosworth... or OEM.

It could totally work, but your tune will be very important; and the rebuild too if you want it to go 1,000mi at a time on a racer's pace. You will probably want forged pistons for this, too. The SR is very dependable- so long as it is properly built and cared for.

I would almost think an inline-6 or V8 might be better for what you are talking about doing... but I'm not sure what the average rally racer packs under the hood.

slideslidegnarslide
05-22-2013, 10:12 AM
I honestly think a naturally aspirated motor would be better solely for reliability. Your gonna be in sand and 110 degree weather. I really don't know if your gonna be able too keep that thing cool. You could always use e85 and meth but e85 will lower your fuel range and idk how your going to store 1000 miles worth of meth lol.