PDA

View Full Version : lost in wiring lol!!! car has no power now!

rhdsilvi85
05-20-2013, 01:17 PM
ok guys so my rhd Nissan has been a total BI since I got her... started with issues with the cluster and the jdm climate control having power but not working then it esculated... so here is the situation..

I purchased a gt2871r I undid my battery and started to do the turbo install... after completing it I hooked up the turbo to prime it I unplugged my fuel pump hooked up my battery and turned car over for 3 sec.. I stopped and tried it again and now car has no power... battery has 12volts, I'm not getting any juice at the fuses under hood.. I had to take my dash off to redo my the ac stuff I also moved the ecu around to get it ready to mount in the right location.. I noticed the kid before me went splice crazy.. so I ordered a brand new never used jdm engine harness to install so it's done right... I've checked fuses all seem good but can't power test them since I don't have power.. I checked my fuse on my power wire near battery in trunk it's good too.. any other things I can check? to test? any help would be great guys... thank you very much!

rhdsilvi85
05-20-2013, 05:48 PM
help anyone!!!!

jr_ss
05-20-2013, 06:12 PM
Power is supplied from the battery to the fuse box via two white/red wires. Verify you have power into the box and start checking from there.

Wait, what chassis is this?

EvilRB
05-20-2013, 06:17 PM
Damn man, more issues...

Sorry to hear...

These are one of those things where I wish I was there to help you. All I can say is double check all your grounds points and connections, relays and basically go throught the install again. Check everything like your re doing the install to see what you missed.

Power is supplied from the battery to the fuse box via two white/red wires. Verify you have power into the box and start checking from there.

Wait, what chassis is this?

RHD S13 with a ass load of spliced harness issues, but from his post he got a new chassis harness... Correct me if I'm wrong..

Good Luck!

rhdsilvi85
05-21-2013, 11:54 AM
hey thanks jr_ss and evilRB lol... yes more issues I get one fixed and mess up some more lol..

yes nothing but nightmare wiring I got a new engine harness, and see if all the splicing there can be fixed... and go from there... its been just a crazy nightmare.. I'm going to recheck all ground connections specially since I got dash off I need to recheck all the ones I cleaned off and put back on... maybe I didn't tighten one down or something.. but yeah its just been a crazy roller coaster.. I ordered all new ac stuff from japan for the climate control since it was trashed and now the engine harness and if that doesn't work them im going to get the full chassis harness from dash back or even just get the lower harness back hopefully something happens tho..