PDA

View Full Version : Apexi GT exhaust?

Liquid
04-25-2004, 10:49 AM
Im going to purchase an Apexi GT-spec exhaust for my sr20'd s13 this week, is there a difference between a 240 and a sr20'd 240 catback because most sights just say 240 but on final stage some of there exhaust say sr20 only?
Heres a link of the exhaust that im going to get http://store.240sxmotoring.com/apgts1389.html that will work fin with my sr20 right?(im also going to get a test pipe)

yudalicious
04-25-2004, 12:36 PM
it may say sr20 only because it's diameter might be just a little too big for a na KA

Liquid
04-25-2004, 12:49 PM
it may say sr20 only because it's diameter might be just a little too big for a na KA
ok cool, thanks

AlexAtPerformanceNissan
04-25-2004, 12:57 PM
Yeah, he's right. Becuase all of the exhausts for pretty much all cars are chassis specific and not motor specific. Good point on sayin it would be too much for the n/a KA. :coold:

-Alex B.

Liquid
04-25-2004, 01:20 PM
Yeah, he's right. Becuase all of the exhausts for pretty much all cars are chassis specific and not motor specific. Good point on sayin it would be too much for the n/a KA. :coold:

-Alex B.
i was almost positive it would match up perfect, but some exhaust are for turbo cars and some are not.(must be pipe diameter) thanks guys :hs:

FRpilot
04-25-2004, 01:24 PM
and also, apexi is a jdm company. they dont make them for ka in japan cuz they dont have any. but it bolts up to ka downpipe.

Liquid
04-25-2004, 01:53 PM
and also, apexi is a jdm company. they dont make them for ka in japan cuz they dont have any. but it bolts up to ka downpipe.
yeah i think everything should work, i have a greddy 3" downpipe im just worried im gonna have to take it in to have the bolts cut to get the old exhaust off. :Owned:

fliprayzin240sx
04-25-2004, 04:41 PM
I hope you know that the GT will be loud as hell even for a SR20 engine. It starts off at 3.25 and ends up to 4" Imagine that on a KA. :duh: I know a guy who has it on his S14...look sick and sound mean, I just dont know if i can deal with it on the freeway.

Liquid
04-25-2004, 09:05 PM
I hope you know that the GT will be loud as hell even for a SR20 engine. It starts off at 3.25 and ends up to 4" Imagine that on a KA. :duh: I know a guy who has it on his S14...look sick and sound mean, I just dont know if i can deal with it on the freeway.
Yes im not worried, where i live there isn't really any inforcement on cars. We have 8 second mustangs that are "street legal" frequently driving around and the police just admire. As for the highway, hah i dont' even have a stereo in my car so i need to listen to somthing. Thanks for the info though, if i would have wanted a quiet exhaust i would have been fudged!

the head
04-26-2004, 12:00 AM
piping is 3.25 expanding to 3.75 not 4" it is not that loud due to a resonator before the muffler it has a nice sound but is not really that bad for noise on an SR at least it has a really nice note