PDA

View Full Version : so much noise, not going anywhere, hahaha

So Make Like
05-19-2013, 06:12 AM
so, i've always thought it'd be a funny sort of troll to throw a speaker into the engine bay of my old ka42e that could produce an imitation spool and blow-off. and just recently, my newly swapped sr20det seems to be doing just that. when cruising, nothing is out of the ordinary. although when accelerating, it goes fine up until the turbo begins to spool. through ear, it'll spool up fully and blow-off strongly. the usual. but my tach tells me otherwise, residing at a slow increase from 3000 and going no where. i haven't installed my boost gauge yet since i don't have a t-fitting so, unfortunately, i can't give you details on what it's reading. i believe one of my exhaust mani/turbo/downpipe gaskets may have blown. or maybe i need to tighten or replace lost bolts/studs. i can hear a leak in that area, but i can't feel any air. what else could have caused my car to become a joke in itself? please and thank you hurhurhur.

EvilRB
05-19-2013, 06:22 AM
K you answered yoru own question right in your post, you have a leak. get it fixed first then see if your problem is still there. It's most likely an exhaust leak somewhere.
What Island you on?

So Make Like
05-19-2013, 07:53 AM
yes, i suppose so. but i was asking what other problems may have come about to cause this in the chance that the leak is from the downpipe gaskets. if what i believe is correct, that would have no effect on power loss in this manner. in the case that this is indeed a manifold leak, alternate answers would have been for educational purposes or future reference. thankfully i'd gain something either way. i'll go through all the bolts after work today/tomorrow (it's 3:50am) and report back.