View Full Version : KA-T tuning help

khoadogg
04-23-2004, 12:27 PM
Currently on my '89 155k mile KA24E-T, I'm running:
-T3 snail
-turbonetics 7lb wastegate
-SARD atm BOV
-2.5 in turbo back to TRUST SP full catback

I'm installing later today an S-AFC, 10:1 FMU and FMIC. I'm still waiting another week before I can get my 440cc injectors w/ custom fuel rail and B&M fpr. How will this run since I've only hit 5psi on halfthrottle? What else should I do before I tune? Are there any settings I can do to drive around until I install everything for the dyno? My car just sits there because I'm still waiting on exhaust wrap and an AFC to run my atm BOV. Anybody know how to set the AFC initial startup? Should I just get other injectors that are easier to install and save for a bigger fuel pump?

andrave
04-23-2004, 01:28 PM
you need a new fuel pump to run larger injectors, and I wouldn't even run an FMU without one. I'm surprised the car runs at all on a 10:1, thats hella lean. I don't understand what is gonig on, cartech FMU, safc, and a b&m regulaator, all with 440's???
too much crap. you need larger injectors + afc, or stock injectors and FMU.
at 7psi you would prolly want something to adjust timing too.

Jeff240sx
04-23-2004, 01:33 PM
Andrave. 10:1 A/F is "hella" rich, not lean. But that doesn't matter.. because it's a 10:1 rising rate fuel pressure regulator.
RRFPR + S-AFC = Hard to tune. And you'll need to retune if you add another pound of boost because your A/Fs will be off. Remove the FMU (RRFPR), add a Walbro pump, and go off the S-AFC alone.
-Jeff

khoadogg
04-24-2004, 08:01 AM
The FMU is just to limp me around until I put the 440cc's in. Until then, the AFC is so I can run a atm BOV and the FMU since I have stock injectors. Man, dyno time is expensive around here, $185/hr. Anyways, I just have to limp on something until I get a job. Baselines are hard to read, anybody have it explained in laymen terms for the S-AFC? And the a/f isn't 10:1. The fuel pressure regulator is 10:1. The fmu's going after I put the injectors in because the AFC is taking over fuel. What can I set the fuel curve at with stock injectors?

ftrs13
04-26-2004, 03:08 AM
wow, you guys get screwed for dyno. I found a place around me for 50 bucks an hour, after 75 for the first one, with a/f testing