PDA

View Full Version : Wheel size/weight vs. suspension/spring rates

91white_ka
05-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Just wanted some members to chime in that have had a few different setups. Basically what I'm wondering is.... Say you have coilovers with 10k/8k springs and you have some light 16x8 wheels, simply by swapping some wider heavier 17x9.75 or something like that. Will it change the ride quality? Essentially making it feel "softer". The theory is that the heavier wheels would have more weight/force it focus on the springs/struts, thus making compression more efficient on a stiffer spring.

Thoughts?

racepar1
05-08-2013, 10:58 AM
It doesn't work like that. Remember, the body is pushing/pulling on the wheels. Unsprung weight doesn't affect spring rates. Unsprung weight DOES affect shock absorber performance. More weight is harder to control and wears on the shocks faster. Obviously lighter wheels are better for that reason, but heavier wheels do not need stiffer springs.

Def
05-09-2013, 05:09 PM
You going to buy that with the money you scammed off me?

This guy is a SCAMMER! Shipped me a stock VLSD in place of a Cusco RS and is refusing to refund me money even if I eat the shipping.

charrington_74
05-09-2013, 05:57 PM
^ that's a good question

MikeisNissan
05-09-2013, 06:11 PM
O shit bet thats alot of money. I hope you get your money and this scammer banned, and branded.

koukimonster139
05-09-2013, 07:24 PM

This guy is a SCAMMER! Shipped me a stock VLSD in place of a Cusco RS and is refusing to refund me money even if I eat the shipping.

buy what?

how much for the scammed vlsd...

racepar1
05-09-2013, 07:27 PM

What a fucking douchebag, I'll report his ass to the mods. Was the purchase made here???

jr_ss
05-09-2013, 07:38 PM
Def, do you have any proof of the transaction? You may want to start a thread in the reviews section. Pm a mod as well.

codyace
05-09-2013, 10:21 PM
Go figure, some shithead newb scamming one of the forums best knowledge resources.

Hope a refund is sent and or an apology. Ignorance is not an excuse.

Def
05-10-2013, 06:48 AM
buy what?

how much for the scammed vlsd...

$576 for an old stock S14 VLSD.

What a fucking douchebag, I'll report his ass to the mods. Was the purchase made here???

Yep, was purchased here. Link to the thread where now he's claiming I'm taking pictures of another diff I might have around. Because I want to waste the time to scam some kid on Zilvia over a used diff...

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/515296-cusco-rs-2-way-500-a.html

zerodameaon
05-10-2013, 09:24 AM
^Now there are spammers in a scammers thread. Misery loves company it would seem.