PDA

View Full Version : How can I pass emission test with SR?

rockqian
05-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Hi guys, I am live in Seattle, just got a s14 with st20det. In WA all car needs to do the emission test, and they need to hook up the obd2 to read the ecu...but sr doesn't have obd, so what i can do to pass the test and register the car? Thank you!

SharkMan
05-07-2013, 05:30 PM
You can't be serious?

S12 Drifter
05-07-2013, 05:41 PM
deport it back to japan thats how you pass emissions.... are you a fucking dumbass? SEARCH! GOOGLE?!!?! if your asking this simple of a question your PROBABLY not capable enough to work on your car without daddy holding your hand... search, knowledge is POWER!

rockqian
05-07-2013, 05:53 PM
deport it back to japan thats how you pass emissions.... are you a fucking dumbass? SEARCH! GOOGLE?!!?! if your asking this simple of a question your PROBABLY not capable enough to work on your car without daddy holding your hand... search, knowledge is POWER!

Yes I searched!! Seattle didn't read the ecu in the past, but they do it now, all possible solutions I found is
1. Know some guy who work in the station. That's impossible for me, I am international student here just for less than one year, I don't know anyone work in there.
2. Register the car at very east part of WA, but again I don't know anyone there...I do not have any valid address on east side of WA

I really can't find any useful information about how to avoid the ecu reading...

DJ-of-E
05-07-2013, 06:07 PM
*UNDER THE TABLE*

seriously.

This thread is gonna get locked.

I'm being serious, no discussion of "illegal" activity allow, include talking about "going around" the legal requirements on SR20DEt engine in the United Communists of America.

Bambi
05-07-2013, 06:23 PM
THERE IS NO LEGAL WAY IN YOUR STATE OR OTHER'S THAN WHAT HAS ALREADY BEEN MENTIONED.

You can swap in a COMPLETE stock S14 KA and cross your fingers, good luck with that.

End of story. No further talk about 'beating the system' aka doing something illegal.

Sorry.

rockqian
05-07-2013, 06:29 PM
THERE IS NO LEGAL WAY IN YOUR STATE OR OTHER'S THAN WHAT HAS ALREADY BEEN MENTIONED.

You can swap in a COMPLETE stock S14 KA and cross your fingers, good luck with that.

End of story. No further talk about 'beating the system' aka doing something illegal.

Sorry.

Ok, I don't know it is illegal...

Bambi
05-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Ok, I don't know it is illegal...

Yeah our states suck.

future
05-07-2013, 06:39 PM
How to pass smog? Swap in a ka snd hope it passes

S12 Drifter
05-07-2013, 07:38 PM
Yes I searched!! Seattle didn't read the ecu in the past, but they do it now, all possible solutions I found is
1. Know some guy who work in the station. That's impossible for me, I am international student here just for less than one year, I don't know anyone work in there.
2. Register the car at very east part of WA, but again I don't know anyone there...I do not have any valid address on east side of WA

I really can't find any useful information about how to avoid the ecu reading...

Alright since you actually searched.... or so you say...

all cars AFTER 1996 Japanese, American, European, anything after 1996 has air bags, AND has the OBD2 mandatory (on the drivers side near your left leg) or around that area.

it's a 1998 IT HAS obd2. you can rig the ECU to work with OBD2 even though it's a SR20, find out what year but it's possible.

but as i said before you can tune your motor to run so well it can pass emissions, just add a EGR. if it's a older engine in a newer car you have to go by newer regulations.

SharkMan
05-08-2013, 12:09 AM
Well this will/should be locked soon...

Yeah our states suck.

Cali is the best state in the us aside from the over the top laws period... seriously the weather is great, just cops/laws do suck some times ins cali...

Bambi
05-08-2013, 12:16 AM
Well this will/should be locked soon...

Cali is the best state in the us aside from the over the top laws period... seriously the weather is great, just cops/laws do suck some times ins cali...

No no no, don't get me wrong. I know. I only mean that as in Cali sucks because of the reasons you just stated. It's not modified car friendly.

I've been to other states, didn't like 'em. Sometimes I really hate this place but couldn't imagine living elsewhere.

OrangeVirus1
05-08-2013, 12:56 AM
take engine out. you're gonna have to. Buy a cheap KA, or sell the SR20 and put a KA in it so you can pass.
You might be able to even turbo the KA and pass it. unless they check under the hood?

Cali is the best state in the us

For anyone who doesn't live in California. this is a down right LIE.

California has the most god awful Nastiest air I have ever encountered. You will probably get lung cancer just breathing Anywhere in LA.
I'm not kidding I lived there for 8 years and the air is BROWN and smells like Diarrhea. California is a great state, but it is clouded in a giant cancerous Fart.
When the weather is great, you are choking on the "great" air...
you'll wake up with headaches and random intense nose bleeds.
you'll get symptoms for illnesses you don't even have.
the air is THAT BAD.

zerodameaon
05-08-2013, 02:45 AM
take engine out.

test passed 100% of the time.

For anyone who doesn't live in California. this is a down right LIE.

California has the most god awful Nastiest air I have ever encountered. You will probably get lung cancer just breathing Anywhere in LA.
I'm not kidding I lived there for 8 years and the air is BROWN and smells like Diarrhea. California is a great state, but it is clouded in a giant cancerous Fart.
When the weather is great, you are choking on the "great" air...
you'll wake up with headaches and random intense nose bleeds.
you'll get symptoms for illnesses you don't even have.
the air is THAT BAD.

Oh shit OV is back and spouting BS already.

I have lived here for 23 of my 25 years and never had any issues with the stuff you just mentioned.
Yeah the air is not great but nor does it make you sick like a cancer patient.

OrangeVirus1
05-08-2013, 02:46 AM
Oh shit OV is back and spouting BS already.

I have lived here for 23 of my 25 years and never had any issues with the stuff you just mentioned.
Yeah the air is not great but nor does it make you sick like a cancer patient.

Dude I lived in Riverside for 8 years and the air is seriously disgusting.

And don't lie the air looks dangerous to breathe.

( this is considered a clear, calm day )
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/423/snog.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/812/snog.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

zerodameaon
05-08-2013, 02:55 AM
Yeah its bad but its not going to make you sick every day of your life unless you already have some issue with you. And no that is not a clear calm day, that is a day when there was a fire going on. Normal days are nowhere near that bad.
This would be on the higher end of a normal day during summer.
http://chemwiki.ucdavis.edu/@api/deki/files/6346/=la-smog.jpg

OrangeVirus1
05-08-2013, 02:59 AM
Yeah its bad but its not going to make you sick every day of your life unless you already have some issue with you. And no that is not a clear calm day, that is a day when there was a fire going on. Normal days are nowhere near that bad.
This would be on the higher end of a normal day during summer.
http://chemwiki.ucdavis.edu/@api/deki/files/6346/=la-smog.jpg

it's still gross.

Northern California is nice. anything that isn't LA area is nice.

LA sucks, Riverside is worse. I lived in the ghetto of ghetto's too ( Rubidoux )

( I never got any of those problems either lol, just saying the air looks like it could do that to you )

The worst part is that the Smog lingers around too, it's not like a storm is gonna push it away.. you cannot escape it!