PDA

View Full Version : yet another ka24de clutch problem

Jasonx63
05-03-2013, 03:16 AM
we are getting my buddies car ready for an event and went out to do a small test run tonight after "fixing the clutch" or so we thought. it is a bone stock KA that even passes smog if you can believe it.

ok here are the symptoms; it just slips like crazy after about 5 minutes of stress we can barely make it home from a couple freeway exits away he doesnt do anything gnarly or crazy just a couple clutch kicks yes i know its an oem clutch but it should be able to handle this.

we have literally replaced the clutch kit with an oem replacement, master & slave cylinders brand new, Adjusted the pedal a couple of times, deleted the dampner and it is still doing this. any input would be awesome.

TMann
05-05-2013, 05:46 PM
This is a tough one. Here is are few things to check if you have not already.

Are you sure the clutch pedal is pulling up all the way?
Is the clutch spring keeping the pedal up?
If so it could be the pressure plate and not the clutch. A bad pressure plate could cause the trans to stop pulling. I hope this helps

jessegrover
05-05-2013, 05:52 PM
I had the same issue with a car a few years back. I know you said the master and slave cylinder were good, but that seemed to be the case on my last car, I replaced it with brand new oem and re bled the lines and was good.

you could possibly have a leak in your lines somewhere?

zerodameaon
05-06-2013, 02:36 AM
I second the leak part, if you can't see where the leak is you could always try the UV dye tracing method.