PDA

View Full Version : SR keeps throwing code 13 for coolant temp sensor

BNASTYs13
05-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Ok so my SR started having this weird problem where it would crank up cold great and would run fine but as soon as you parked it and went to start it back up with would act like it was going to crank up for a split second then die. Then the engine would just turn and turn and turn. Well i found out it was flooding out at start up. I installed a brand new coolant temp sensor and it still does it. So i installed my friends ecu. Still does it and still throws code 13. I also swapped mafs and ignitor chip for shits and giggles. Still does it.

So i am wondering if it is a harness related issue. Sounds like the only other variable to me. Should i just run new wires to pins on the ECU straight from the plug on the sensor?

anyone else have this issue?

thanks

rwtf
05-02-2013, 08:27 PM
check injectors?

BNASTYs13
05-02-2013, 09:10 PM
No i have not checked the injectors. The car runs absolutely fine when it cranks up so i dont think the injectors are the culprit.

cotbu
05-03-2013, 04:19 AM
You could run new wires, and might have too.
I would run a continuity check on both wires to ground and to pin18(IIRC)
For instance, If you tried for whatever reason add a gauge to the signal wire it will cause this issue. I've seen it a billion times, it's really the added resistance on the signal wire, that's why i suggest a continuity test. In you situation it seem intermittent, so it might be a short.

Croustibat
05-03-2013, 06:25 AM
Did you fit a nissan temp sensor, or did you get a "compatible" one ? Sometimes they get listed as compatible but they are not. You can try to measure its value / temperature and compare to known nissan sensor value.