PDA

View Full Version : 1jz crank no start help please...

jzs14
05-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Can some please make sense of the information I been reading online about the crankshaft position sensor resistance. I have read that the resistance should be 1600-2700 cold / 2065-3225 hot via a 97 Toyota supra turbo FSM in one place. Then read in the same FSM the resistance should be 835-1400 cold/1060-1645 hot. My first is question when I ohm the sensor directly I have 1133 on both a new sensor and old sensor. Also, when I ohm the wire going into the crank sensor I get 1534. Now, if anyone can chime in a little bit because I have a crank no start 1jz swap in a auto S14. Some info on the swap so far is I have a chasebays wiring service with a 1jz supra ecu, the car does not produce spark or fuel verified with spark tester, I do have the fuel pump hard wired with a relay and fused circuit. Its a 1995 240sx automatic.

Things I have check that from my research would stop the car from starting
Crank sensor 1133ohm
Cam sensors 1027ohm
Crank sensor wire 1565ohm
New 2jz igniter
I have also verified the presence of power at the ecu pins and pretty much went through the wiring to make sure the pins are in the right location.

jzs14
05-02-2013, 04:44 PM
Well, I solved the spark issue had a bad crank angle sensor. As for the trigger wheel everything was intact nothing loose or free moving. I got the car to start with starting fluid but I have no fuel pulse. I listened for pulse at each injector and heard nothing. I was thinking that the crank sensor would solve both issues but I guess not.Also, I have 12v at each pin on the injectors when the key is on is that because the ecu grounds one pin to fire the injectors? If so does that sound like a ecu problem?

TMann
05-02-2013, 08:57 PM
After starting the engine with starting fuild, will it run at all by itself?

mantas
05-02-2013, 09:13 PM
Be willing to bet its an ecu problem not anything else. Does the ecu get power?

jzs14
05-03-2013, 12:56 AM
After starting the engine with starting fuild, will it run at all by itself?
It will run on starting fluid

Be willing to bet its an ecu problem not anything else. Does the ecu get power?
Yes the ecu is getting power

I think I will a noid light test on the injectors to see if Im getting a signal from the IGF. I guess i'll go from there

jzs14
05-09-2013, 01:42 PM
Can anyone chime in because I hooked up the noid lights and the light didn't come on at all but there is 12v at each pin when the key is on.

nsain
05-12-2013, 08:16 PM
Have you check to see if you have good grounds and make sure that the ecu is plugged in good and all the way down?

mantas
05-13-2013, 12:08 AM
Well i had a similar problem before and mine was fuel pump relay was hooked up incorrectly like wrong pins. I eliminated the f3 plug and pinned everything from the ecu and it turned out i had the wrong wires since some of them had same colors but different functions. Im thinking its wiring near ecu, but idk enough about the jay-z ecu pinout etc.

jzs14
05-13-2013, 03:21 PM
yea I have checked and cleaned the ground. I have pretty much went through the entire harness and made sure all the ecu pin locations where correct. At this point I'm going to a 2jz aristo ecu with a patch harness from Dr.Tweak. I believe its the ecu and since I dont trust anyone to send me a working 1jz ecu I rather spend a little extra now to eliminate the ecu as a source of the problem.

supersayianjim
03-09-2016, 04:11 AM
Iam having the same problem(now). U ever get this figured out?