PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed! Oil feed issue??

96soon2bsilvia
04-29-2013, 09:48 PM
Hey everyone,

I can't seem to get a break with this car..every time I fix one thing something else comes up but i guess thats the name of the game. Anyways, I have a fresh fully built 96 KA with a journal 6262 and everytime I hit boost the car is putting out smoke. Ran a compression test and motor is perfect. Also, the fact that its only smoking when I am hitting boost is leading me to think its just an oil supply issue. Precision rebuilt the turbo before I put it on the car so it is brand new as well. I called Precision and they told me that under no circumstance should I need a restrictor jsut a -4AN feed line even though I told them that KA's have unusually high oil pressure around (100psi). Despite what they told me i drilled out a restrictor (after reading on this forum that it worked for someone) to 7/64 and tried that and it still is doing it. The tune is fresh and Air/Fuel's are good across the board. I can get into boost all i want but I am left with a 2 minute trail of smoke after any time i see over around 3 pounds. Did Precision do a bad rebuild? Has anyone heard of anyone experience similar problems? Really could use some help. Thanks guys.

jr_ss
04-29-2013, 10:31 PM
Pull the exhaust housing and see if there is signs of oil leaking into the exhaust housing. Did you do a leak down in the engine? Valve stem seals intact?

milto0n
04-29-2013, 11:30 PM
I had a similar experience when my return line was not draining properly. Blew out plenty of smoke after hitting boost. The return line has to be a straight shot down with absolutely no kinks. Just my 2 cents.

96soon2bsilvia
05-01-2013, 11:14 AM
Pulling the turbo friday to see if the seals are the issue. There was no signs of oil on the spark plugs so I figured leak down wouldn't help much. the return line is also straight down like you mentioned milto0n. Thanks for the advice though guys.