PDA

View Full Version : Hydro Ebrake Randomly locks?

240nessx
04-24-2013, 11:21 PM
So I recently installed a hydro ebrake (Ksport handle with wilwood master) inline with my normal brakes. I bled the brakes and the ebrake locks wonderfully. My only problem is, randomly, while driving normally the rear brakes feel like they are getting applied slowly without me touching the brake pedal/ebrake. During this occurrence my ebrake will be stiff and I have to jab the brake pedal for the rear brakes to "free" up. Anyone know why this would happen? Any help is appreciated thanks!

TTnickdizzle
04-25-2013, 01:34 PM
Loosen (add some play) up the Master cyl a bit. this happened to me with mine as well. what was happening was the brake pads are slightly touching the rotor and when you drive the friction creates heat which increases the pressure in the lines causing them to lock up.

My car would be fine until i drove around for like 10-20min then the hydro would start getting tighter and tighter and eventually i wouldnt be able to move after i came to a stop due to the brake being so tight.

240nessx
04-25-2013, 04:52 PM
I loosened the master cylinder adjustment rod slightly and it works fantastic now. Thanks so much for the info!

TTnickdizzle
04-26-2013, 03:40 PM
No problem. Glad you got it working.