PDA

View Full Version : Fuses, and lights, and bears OH MY!

nocturnaldrifter
04-19-2004, 11:25 PM
The lighting on my 240 is being weird. When the car is not running and I step on the brake the gauges and my head unit light up? wtf. My brake lights hardly work, you have to be paying close attention to tell i'm braking, and one of my headlights is brighter than the other. Does anyone know what this could be? I was thinking about replacing the fuses, hopefully that would do it. Anyone with any info it would be much appreciated.

idlafie
04-20-2004, 02:31 AM
Check for a loose or bad ground wire somewhere. By odd chance did you or someone add an aftermarket radio to your car?? Sometimes an installer will use the wrong wire as a ground wire causing all your electrical/lighting problems. Hope you have a FSM...you're gonna need it!!
BTW...what year is your car anyway?? you didn't mention it in your post.
Hope this helps...
ID

element240
04-20-2004, 11:02 AM
also, check your battery terminals and make sure they aren't corroded to shit..(clean the terminals and battery posts)
it can cause some funky stuff

nocturnaldrifter
04-24-2004, 03:29 PM
Check for a loose or bad ground wire somewhere. By odd chance did you or someone add an aftermarket radio to your car?? Sometimes an installer will use the wrong wire as a ground wire causing all your electrical/lighting problems. Hope you have a FSM...you're gonna need it!!
BTW...what year is your car anyway?? you didn't mention it in your post.
Hope this helps...
ID

yes there is an aftermarket pioneer head unit in the car and it is a 1992 fastback 240. thanks for your help i'll have to check that out