PDA

View Full Version : Bought first s13, want o put in ac but I don't know what parts are missing

SD_Kouki
04-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Hey, like the title says, I bought my first 240sx yesterday. It's a 1993 s13 hatch with 115k miles and a ka24de. The previous owner took out the ac and did not have the parts to give to me when I bought it yesterday. I live in SoCal and summers approaching which means sweaty balls...trying to avoid sweaty balls. If you guys have a minute to watch this video I recorded of my engine bay, to see what components of the ac are missing and give me a list of everything I need to buy to get the ac up ad running again that would help so much.

I checked the service manual but for some reason it looks like the layout of the engine in the manual is different from my engine...and this is my first 240sx so I'm also still unfamiliar with everything. Hope I don't get flamed too hard =/ Anyways, here's the video:

240sx - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB0w0Bg7ZPI)

KoukiMonsta
04-20-2013, 04:51 PM
Research this shit yourself

SD_Kouki
04-20-2013, 06:33 PM
^ lol...im glad this guy wasted 20 secs of his life jst to be a dick. Thanks for the bump !

Dbruesch
04-20-2013, 07:05 PM
No one can tell you exactly what parts to replace just by posting a video of your engine bay. Your more than likely going to have to do some research, get familiar with different ac components, and do it yourself. Or pay someone.

EnemyS15
04-20-2013, 07:35 PM
Get the factory service manual and start circling what you need. Pretty sure google can help you out.

SD_Kouki
04-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Thanks guys. Couple other people said it looks like I have a condenser...but I just need everything else lol. How hard is it to install all the ac components? Got a jack and basic garage tools...easy enough to attempt on my own or better off taking it to a shop?

future
04-20-2013, 09:50 PM
Ahahah. Better of buying a different car with ac. If you have to ask you can't do it. And a shop will butt rape you no lube

Mikester
04-20-2013, 10:16 PM
Ahahah. Better of buying a different car with ac. If you have to ask you can't do it. And a shop will butt rape you no lube

REALLY? Because I did.

OP, disregard the douche patrol...

You need:

- compressor (Captain Obvious to the rescue lol)

- Filter/drier

- Expansion valve

- Ambient air temp sensor (mounts to center core support- may still be there)

- High pressure lines- the little ones (firewall to filter/drier, filter/drier to condenser)

- Low pressure lines- the big ones (Condenser to compressor, compressor to firewall)

- Fresh o-rings

- Condenser (replace the old one- you will thank me for this=))

- Condenser fan

and possibly a whole bunch of other shit, depending on what is/is not still there:

Here is a picture of the nuts & bolts of the system:

276 Condensor, Liquid Tank :: Body Electrical :: Genuine Nissan Parts :: 240SX Parts (S13) 1989-1994 :: Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com (http://www.courtesyparts.com/240sx-parts-s13-1989-1994/genuine-nissan-parts/body-electrical/276-condensor-liquid-tank/-c-1418_1419_1457_1480.html)

And here is a couple pics of mine (KA AC system on my SR). It's not hard, just tedious.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8389/8647510370_4940c8026a_b_d.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8545/8635819139_8054201f16_c_d.jpg

In order to run it properly, you're likely going to have to take a bunch of stuff out of your way. I'm by far not the sharpest knife in the drawer and was able to get it done. The key is to take your time and don't cut corners. If all the lines are still there inside of the firewall, purge them with AC system solvent then run compressed air or nitrogen to clear them out- you will thank me for this too... Everything from the old setup- purge & clean it... this is one of things that often gets overlooked; but definitely impacts the quality & temperature of the air the system puts out. If you get the compressor used, dump it and reservice it with fresh PAG or Ester oil- quantity is in the FSM (and all over the internet lol). If you get a new or remanufactured unit, it should come pre-serviced, but make sure it is; and that it's serviced with the correct oil for your 240.

Be prepared to spend some $$$ on the parts you need... but you will save a small fortune by doing it yourself. At the same time, you might be aurprised how cheap some of the stuff is when you shop around. Hope this helps.

Mike

EatSleepDriftS13
04-28-2013, 11:41 AM
REALLY? Because I did.
Mike

^^ Thank you! I'm in the same situation.

90240sx07
04-28-2013, 12:10 PM
i have a setup for sale and can take a uninstall video to help u out like i said before