PDA

View Full Version : Strange SR20 not start problem kinda solved???

T0fuman
04-17-2013, 11:00 AM
So my Sr wasent strarting so i check my all the basics fuel/spark. Wasent getting a pulse to my injectors so I started with a ecu swap. Thing fired right up... problem solved right? Well when i went to tuck the ecu and had everything buttoned up it wouldnt start again....FML. After fiddling with the harness and swapped wires I began to smell fuel (because each time I would dick with something I would try to turn the car over) So i unplugged my wire running to the fuel pump. Tryed again and the damn thing fired up, then died because it had no fuel. Plugged the fuel pump in and tried to start it...nothing. WTF! Unplugged, the car started again then I plugged it in real quick and the car kept running. The way my pump is set up the power wire runs to a nissan relay (big and green) then out of my cars stock fuse panel a power wire to a fuse then to that relay... the relay then goes to the stock harness. Any ideas on whats wrong. The swap is 3yrs old and was done by a shop that I bought it from.

If you dont understand that here is a quck diagram

Fuel pump---------Relay====One wire goes to a fuse---Stock Fuse panel for 12v
______________________==Others go to stock Harness

wangan_cruiser
04-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Check the splice on the wire.

Keyword : when u tuck your wire shit wont start right?

T0fuman
04-17-2013, 10:24 PM
It really has nothing to do with the ECU or harness. A buddy of mine said the fuel pressure regulator might be bad and its dumping too much fuel so it wont start but when I pull the pumps power it fires up.

Thanks for the feedback