PDA

View Full Version : WTB close to S.Florida: 97/98 White SE/LE 5spd, low miles...

alkemyst
04-17-2004, 09:39 AM
I have the cash to buy one of these now...I am a 32 year old professional, I am not going to be wasting anyone's time trying to come up with a way to pay for the car after we have negotiated or come back and say "will ya take $5,000 + a trade?"...I just got through selling my Saturn I used to commute to college when I went back...I got crazy offers for trades, payment plans, drive now/pay later, etc...so for the 240SX I imagine the offers you guys selling are getting are much more insane :).

White (possibly silver moss) with leather (the light grey/beige/black plastic trim is preferred but may not have been available, black/grey cloth can be acceptable), 5 spd and LSD, no rips, tears, dings, scratches or accidents (I will consider the odd problem like say a isolated ding in a panel or the fender had to be replaced and no framing machine was needed), low miles = less than 70k for my definition preferring closer to 30k-40k...I realize these cars last a long time, but I am looking for a great one. Sunroof and abs are two things I'd rather avoid but probably have to deal with. Definitely a non-smoker car throughout it's history...There is absolutely no way that anyone cannot tell a car was not regularly smoked in, you can mask the odors but you always can see the remnants...this has been another time waster...deodorant+new ashtray/lighter....one car even had a pile of ashes under the driver's seat another had burns all over the rear seat 'tray' and the back seat.

I am not looking to low ball at $8k for this particular car, but I am not going to spend the money I have available on one that doesn't deserve the cash either. This would be a cash in hand deal and not one where I will 'get back to you after I talk to the bank'.

I have been looking and here is what I don't want. I am not trying to be an ass with this and I understand this types of posts come up all the time, but I am trying to make it clear I am buying, not just doing my 'wish list'. I am also not trying to say a 100k mile S14 is worthless...it's just not what I am looking for and it I did look at your car and didn't buy it, this is not a flame to you here...I am not pointing fingers at anyone. I am just getting tired of wasting my time driving to see cars that have been exaggerated, esp at dealerships.

1) anything with 4 lugs. It's not an SE/LE no matter what the piece of paper you have that says it is states....this had been the biggest time waster for me.

2) anything with low miles that are due to swapping no matter how much of the car out. A new engine and trans + struts and tires + brake pads and clutch do not magically make the car's mileage reset as well. no rebuilt titles even if the mileage states low.

3) anything that was not an original 97-98 with 5 spd to begin with. I will possibly consider an auto, I am looking more into it, but would want a true conversion (neutral safty switch, no idiot lights, lack of function, etc)...my max for an auto in the same condition is only $8k....it'd have to be absolutely mint to be considered...I have run into a lot of 97-98 automatics. I have run into a few conversions on the headlights...many done terribly....none of the converted cars were taken care of really.

4) anything extremely far away at this time. Wasting 4 hours of my time driving each way is one thing, flying across the country, getting a hotel, and either losing money on a round trip or having to take same day hit on a one way return ticket is another. I suppose if some place had a great reputation I may make an exception...but it's getting depressing being told there is a car 'better than new' and getting there and the car is a POS and then you hear the 'well for almost 10 year old car...'. I know this game well and you will probably get 75% buying the car they just travelled to see I know of a few S. Florida asshats that were playing this game. I would absolutely need a video or tons of current pictures or an extreme price break (which I would think would be stupid for the seller).

I am in south florida zip code 33462, I'd like to get one within 4 hours or so from here (miami through tampa/jacksonville would be the 'triangle' for the state). If anyone has a good lead on a car I buy I am offering a reward as well...at least $100 for the trouble.

Chris
http://30moons.com/Nissan240SXIndex.php

alkemyst
04-19-2004, 06:52 PM
some asked me my budget...there really isn't one. Paying $10,000 would not be a question...I doubt I would go much higher than that for anything but the lowest of mileage. I am also not going to 'pay' someone to purchase one as far as a private individual, I may look into a buying service. If you find me a car and I buy it I will pay you at least $100, I am not going to give you $10k to find me one though ;)

Also I understand normal and customary mileage (12-15k per year), however 90K miles+ I would like to avoid at this time, and I understand that may be really low mileage...I am finding them like that though, seems a lot of the later models weren't driven that much.

:)

Å

IMPerfection
11-22-2005, 12:09 PM
EDIT: What was I thinking? :bash: