PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to pillowball suspension?

ze12o
04-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Long story short I have a s13 for daily. Changed some suspension pieces in the rear it rides too rough now. My teeth are about to fall out.. Looking for some alternative to pillow ball arms in the rear. Or something to help the ride comfort. Need to have adjustable arms to adjust my suspension geometry or else I would of kept my rear arms stock.

Changed/added
2nd gen fortune 500 w/ Swift 8k/6k 4k assist
Battle version Traction
Wicked Toe
Wicked Toe brace
Wicked RUCA
New z32 alu uprights
Dropped 1" lower

Original setup is.
1st gen fortune 500 w/ fortune springs
SPL tension rod
SPL tie rod end
Stealth tension rod brace
Tanabe front sway
Progress rear sway
Stock rear arms

e1_griego
04-03-2013, 11:54 PM
Try SPC arms?

Croustibat
04-04-2013, 01:51 AM
It is not an arm problem, it usually is a tire / dampers / springs (eventually ARB) problem. You got swift springs so you can rule them out (they may be a bit stiff though, but that is quality stuff)

I have ball/ rose joint arms and subframe PU bushes on my car. The only remaining oem bushes are the ones on the rear spindle. And my car is still livable ... yet it was not when i had lower profile tires on 18" wheels and PU bushes on adjustable arms. I had 5kg springs front / 4kg springs rear.

Now i am down to 17" wheels, and 7/6kg springs. And it is better. Still could be way better with better coilovers... will change them in a year, maybe.

A friend of mine uses tein monoflex. I was very surprised by the comfort they give, and yet their springs are on the stiff side. But again, he does not use low profile tyres.

They arent fortune auto coilover money either ...

ze12o
04-04-2013, 03:39 PM
The worst part is I'm on my winters blizzak lm22 - 225 50 17. Planning to be on 18s this summer. Also the rears are on full soft @ dampening fronts are @ 18 clicks. Rear still feels stiffer then the front. Maybe it's just me cause its such a big change.

ShakotanGazelle
04-05-2013, 10:45 AM
Doesn't PBM have a line of "missle car" parts or something? Last I checked they had adjustable arms with poly bushings, but they weren't screw adjustable as they just had bunch of holes drilled to keep the costs down.