PDA

View Full Version : Running rough and doesnt want to idle.. MAF problems?? need help!

Taylordog2
04-02-2013, 06:12 PM
so my car is an early 91 production dual cam, i was driving it and it started mis firing so when i got home i pulled the cylinder 1 wire from the spark plug (car running :duh:) i shocked myself and dropped the wire right on my maf it arced a few times and i shut off the car. plugged the wire back in started it and it ran like dog shit.. troubleshot a little put my friends maf on and it ran just fine but feels a loss of bottom end power and it just wont idle.. if i'm driving and push in the clutch it'll bounce at about 2-400 rpms then die if i dont give it gas.. i'm stumped the code or serial of the maf that i fried is 22680 53F01 A36-000 G62 and it is a 3 prong and the one i have on it now which is my friends that i have to give back is 22680 53F00 A36-000 G60 which is a 4 prong could that be the difference? i literally have no idea why it's running like this any input will be greatly appreciated and maybe some suggestions on where i could get a MAF from.. not one that costs a fortune either lol 409 bucks from Nissan!!

RickBlaine
07-10-2013, 08:46 AM
Did you ever end up getting a new MAF? Which part number? Did it alter your performance?