PDA

View Full Version : USING SAFC to change AFRS?

trickey1991
03-31-2013, 04:36 PM
Hey Guys,

I have a R32 GTS-T WIth RB20DET< Z32 Maf, 750cc deathswerks injectors.

sometimes the car runs a little rich at idle when warm.

I've tried adding and taking away corrections with the safc but it doesn't seem to change the afr's at all.

what else can i do?

Im doing it while the car is running: and On Lo-THrottle at 1000rpm taking away and adding corrections but its not doing anything to afr they're staying around 10.5-11.5 at idle when at 180 degrees.

fliprayzin240sx
03-31-2013, 09:31 PM
Because SAFC is garbage and its not inteded/cant correct injectors that are over 50% large than stock. 750cc injectors are waaaaay out of SAFC scope of capabilities. Throw that POS away, go to Upgarage, find an RB26 PFC and have somebody rewire it to work on your RB20.

Croustibat
04-01-2013, 05:36 AM
Throw the SAFC in a bin. Throw the injectors too. Then get known working ones. And get someone to tune you car with a nistune, a powerFC, or any other EMS.

di-devol
04-01-2013, 10:20 AM
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/196800-otterman-loks-safc-ii-install-guide.html

rbgordy
04-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Haha!! Hilarious

2.5T_/<ouki
04-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Throw that shit away. A SAFC is probably the worst thing I have ever purchased for me car; that's why it was ripped off and sold the next day.

The reason it's taking no effect to your changes is that your ECU is still reading the 02 feedback and trying to get as close to stoich as possible. When in open the loop the safc will have an effect but even then it's garbage.

rbgordy
04-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Hey could that be wat is effecting my bro eclipse it's not getting no fuel but spark on a tuned ecu:down:

rwtf
04-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Hey could that be wat is effecting my bro eclipse it's not getting no fuel but spark on a tuned ecu:down:

:picardfp: check fuse, relay, power to pump and the pump itself. DERPPPP.

2.5T_/<ouki
04-01-2013, 12:59 PM
:picardfp: check fuse, relay, power to pump and the pump itself. DERPPPP.

Yeah, and while you're at it. Tell him to rip that garbage out of his garbage car! :picardfp:

rbgordy
04-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Ok thn.. Oyea i forgot did tht tho drka drka to u to haha:fawkd:

rbgordy
04-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Yeah, and while you're at it. Tell him to rip that garbage out of his garbage car! :picardfp:

Will do ill just suprise him one day and just snatch it with no question at all #like a boss

Kingtal0n
04-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Hey Guys,

I have a R32 GTS-T WIth RB20DET< Z32 Maf, 750cc deathswerks injectors.

sometimes the car runs a little rich at idle when warm.

I've tried adding and taking away corrections with the safc but it doesn't seem to change the afr's at all.

what else can i do?

Im doing it while the car is running: and On Lo-THrottle at 1000rpm taking away and adding corrections but its not doing anything to afr they're staying around 10.5-11.5 at idle when at 180 degrees.

The most important thing is here is what size turbo. If you have the OEM turbo you need to put all the OEM stuff back and drive it like a stock engine.

trickey1991
06-18-2013, 07:01 AM
I have a 55mm precision turbo, the Deatscwerks injectors are awesome never had a problem with them.

trickey1991
06-18-2013, 07:02 AM
Throw the SAFC in a bin. Throw the injectors too. Then get known working ones. And get someone to tune you car with a nistune, a powerFC, or any other EMS.

I've had it dyno Tuned , the injectors are brand new and work amazingly.

anyways I got it working, so don't know why you guys hate so much either way i just use it for a Digital tach since mine is off quite a bit .

anti tyler
06-18-2013, 07:36 AM
Safc's are perfectly fine, you just have to make sure you have all your hi-lo settings right and your dec air settings set right before you jump into trying to make fuel corrections.

I had this issue years ago when I was first introduced into using a piggyback.

There are plenty of write ups on here and ka-t dot org if you're still running into any trouble and want to veer away from the typical cool kid trash talkers on the forum.

Good luck with your tuning and always make sure you're doing things right so you don't blow anything up prematurely.

Croustibat
06-18-2013, 10:38 AM
Safc's are perfectly fine.

No, they arent. Because they completely mess up your timing. Tuning means getting your timing and AFR right, not just AFR. If you believe you are a tuner because you can set AFRs, you are in for quite a surprise.

Good AFRs with shitty timing = random power and blown engine.

As far as the injectors go, if you want to know why people hate them, that is quite simple : get them flow tested and you will know.