PDA

View Full Version : HG replace still got water in oil

Gamma
03-24-2013, 12:44 PM
yo guys so just replaced my head gasket, all was fine for about 3-5 mins until i saw water droplets coming out of my tailpipe & white smoke, and i thought here we go again, so i opened up my radiator cap and bubbles where rising up, then checked my oil dipstick and u can see a cluster of little bubbles, can this just be coolant residue, from the first time i replace gasket cause these were all the same symptoms... LOL cause i already bought another HG and am about to take this shit apart again.. lmk what u guys think & what i should do..

romper_stomper
03-24-2013, 01:52 PM
Was the head resurfaced? Possible crack in the head or block.

R@ddy
03-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Flush your system twice. I did a HG on a Toyota pickup and when I went to check the coolant, it had oil. Sometimes it just falls into the water jackets when you remove the head.

OrangeVirus1
03-24-2013, 02:02 PM
you need to clean all the crap out from before.. either that or cracked head/block

Gamma
03-24-2013, 04:15 PM
Yah I took the head to a machine shop and they decked the head, im in the process of replacing the head gasket fuck it.. yo but after i replace the head gasket once again i guess its cool if i see white smoke and droplets coming out the exhaust for a while huh?

Gamma
03-24-2013, 04:18 PM
I did clean it all out after I drained my oil and and coolant, And cleaned the coolant droplets that where on the pistons plus the head was cleaned cause they decked my head and cleaned it for me

wangan_cruiser
03-24-2013, 04:28 PM
How long was the car sat before you finish the job? Possibly just moisture

Renelovesnike
03-24-2013, 04:40 PM
Did you check if the block was true with a straight edge/feeler guage?

Gamma
03-24-2013, 04:46 PM
The car sat for like about 2 weeks had to balance school and work, finished last night turned it on this morning and saw all that crap i wrote up top, might have just been condensation or something huh..... Nah didn't check the block with a feeler gauge, whats it suppose to measure out to?, probably gonna do that since the head is off again

Gamma
03-24-2013, 04:48 PM
If it was just moister, what do u guys think about the white smoke

Gamma
03-25-2013, 03:12 PM
so i took the head off again and low and be hold tiny water droplet laying around near the first piston, so water got in again cheap ass ebay gasket..
i have a felpro gasket from autozone this time... Thinking of removing the block and having it decked and checked if it cracked.. I dnt think the block is craked though... do u guys think it could have been tht cheap ass gasket i bought off ebay?

Posted from Zilvia.net App for Android

Frank_Jaeger
03-25-2013, 03:20 PM
Hey bud. Make sure your intake manifold gasket is sealed. If it's leaking by the water port it'll go right into the first cylinder.

Gamma
03-25-2013, 03:31 PM
thx frank for the input, gonna make sure i do tht

Posted from Zilvia.net App for Android

Gamma
03-26-2013, 02:20 PM
Im about to pull out the block to take it to the machine shop.. was wondering if i should have the trany on park or nuetrual or does it even matter

KoukiMonsta
03-26-2013, 09:06 PM
Im about to pull out the block to take it to the machine shop.. was wondering if i should have the trany on park or nuetrual or does it even matter

Doesn't really matter..

Gamma
03-27-2013, 10:36 AM
Thx KoukiMonsta