PDA

View Full Version : ls1 pcm??

Exotic Drift
03-22-2013, 11:51 PM
Im doing an ls1 swap. Wiring is not done yet.

Do I need to do something to the pcm also? Flash it?

Im not gonna run emissions. Its a ls1 off a 98 camaro ss t56

OrangeVirus1
03-22-2013, 11:56 PM
probably don't need to flash it. just wire it in like stock.

1Day
03-23-2013, 12:04 AM
Yes you are going to need to flash it. The VATS on the ecu will keep your engine from turning over. Check out silviav8forums.

OrangeVirus1
03-23-2013, 12:05 AM
Yes you are going to need to flash it. The VATS on the ecu will keep your engine from turning over. Check out silviav8forums.

ahh I had no idea. so don't listen to me OP

Exotic Drift
03-23-2013, 12:29 AM
Yea ive been on silviav8 but tgreads are cluster with dumb responses.

Do you know a shop that can do it? Or is it a DIY thing.

Ive read and know how to bypass it on the actual camaro but not on s14 or the actual pcm.

locoluna825
03-23-2013, 12:57 AM
Contact a company like this HiTech Tuning - ECU and PCM Automotive Reprogramming (http://www.hitechtuning.com/) Let them know what you are doing and the specifics of the parts you have. You will have to send them the ecu to have the security features and nonsense removed off the ecu so that it will be swappable into the car.

The Dude
03-23-2013, 08:31 AM
You couldn't find the anything but "dumb responses" on silviav8 so you came to zilvia? Solid plan.

Maybe spend more than 5 minutes researching before you give up and make your own thread.

Exotic Drift
03-23-2013, 08:56 AM
Like I said its cluster with dumb responses which make the thread long with pages.
The other people responded kindly why do you come shit this thread. To get more post on your account?

You couldn't find the anything but "dumb responses" on silviav8 so you came to zilvia? Solid plan.

Maybe spend more than 5 minutes researching before you give up and make your own thread.

Oh ok. I was trying to avoid sending my unit. Are you familiar with the bypass module they sale for it? Its like 40-50 bucks. I know you can use that but couldn't find a thread on install.

Contact a company like this HiTech Tuning - ECU and PCM Automotive Reprogramming (http://www.hitechtuning.com/) Let them know what you are doing and the specifics of the parts you have. You will have to send them the ecu to have the security features and nonsense removed off the ecu so that it will be swappable into the car.

1Day
03-23-2013, 09:04 AM
If you want a really good tune send it to Frost (tunedbyfrost.com). Get on ls1tech too man there is tons of info on there too.

Exotic Drift
03-23-2013, 09:12 AM
Ill give them a try. Yeah I been on ls1 tech they been more helpful than silvia v8

If you want a really good tune send it to Frost (tunedbyfrost.com). Get on ls1tech too man there is tons of info on there too.

blessedhellrider
03-23-2013, 10:04 AM
LS1 tech great ppl!

The Dude
03-23-2013, 11:13 AM
Found this info on what to send to tuner in one minute on silviav8:

Quote:
Engine and Chassis info:
-----------------------
Engine: LS1 5.7L V8 from a 1999 Corvette With Electronic Throttle
Transmission: T-56 6-speed Manual from a 2001 Camaro SS
Rear End Ratio: 4.083
Tire Height: 25.66"

Modifications:
-------------
Headers: 1 3/4 primary 4 to 1 long tube headers with 3" collectors.
Exhaust: dual 3" with high flow cats to single 3.5" with a canister muffler.
Intake: Open air 3.5" with K&N Cone Filter.

Feature Changes:
---------------
-Disable VATS
-Disable CAGS/Skip Shift
-Disable EVAP
-Disable Rear O2 Sensors
-Disable Speed Limiter
-Disable Oil Level Sensor
-Disable Fuel level Sensors
-Disable Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor
-PCM should never turn off car

And yes, I have been on zilvia for nearly a decade and have less than 300 posts, but just now I am becoming concerned with my post count. :hahano:

Exotic Drift
03-23-2013, 01:55 PM
So you gave me some cars specs? What? Does that tell me how to remove it?

:duh:

Quote:
Engine and Chassis info:
-----------------------
Engine: LS1 5.7L V8 from a 1999 Corvette With Electronic Throttle
Transmission: T-56 6-speed Manual from a 2001 Camaro SS
Rear End Ratio: 4.083
Tire Height: 25.66"

Modifications:
-------------
Headers: 1 3/4 primary 4 to 1 long tube headers with 3" collectors.
Exhaust: dual 3" with high flow cats to single 3.5" with a canister muffler.
Intake: Open air 3.5" with K&N Cone Filter.

Feature Changes:
---------------
-Disable VATS
-Disable CAGS/Skip Shift
-Disable EVAP
-Disable Rear O2 Sensors
-Disable Speed Limiter
-Disable Oil Level Sensor
-Disable Fuel level Sensors
-Disable Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor
-PCM should never turn off car

And yes, I have been on zilvia for nearly a decade and have less than 300 posts, but just now I am becoming concerned with my post count. :hahano:

The Dude
03-23-2013, 02:25 PM

So you gave me some cars specs? What? Does that tell me how to remove it?

:duh:

You either send in your PCM to someone who knows what they're doing or you buy a tuning program and do it yourself. I just figured that was implied...:goyou:

Good luck with your failed project. I'm looking forward to seeing your parts in the FS section!

Exotic Drift
03-23-2013, 04:39 PM
Lmao hate much? Haha its a project when you've had it for years im sure you know that. Ive only had this car and motor since feb. And its almost done lol.
Ill make sure to post it up on the build thread or give me your number ill send you pics and videos! Hah

Good luck with your failed project. I'm looking forward to seeing your parts in the FS section![/QUOTE]

The Dude
03-24-2013, 06:44 AM
Why would I be hating? I have a running LS1 in my car that wasn't mickey mouse'd in a month.

What I do hate is people coming on here with a bad attitude who are unwilling to do their own research. You asked an easy question, and the answer has been covered a number of times on silviav8.

Exotic Drift
03-24-2013, 12:45 PM
Lol I think you have issues.

Please stop writing. Your the type of people im referring to when they give dumb responses. Who clusters threads. Your pretty much talking crap about my build without knowing me or my build. So please do not respond back.

Why would I be hating? I have a running LS1 in my car that wasn't mickey mouse'd in a month.

What I do hate is people coming on here with a bad attitude who are unwilling to do their own research. You asked an easy question, and the answer has been covered a number of times on silviav8.

gammeron
06-12-2013, 11:24 PM
lol u guys are funny...;)