PDA

View Full Version : 95 S14 window motor assembly problems

KWASx408
03-15-2013, 12:42 AM
I bought this car about 6 months ago with the seller telling me the window motor was bad and needed to be replaced. The car came with an "extra" assembly from a junkyard. So today I finally got the urge to replace it. Pulled door panel and see no assembly inside the door. The window is literally zip tied up inside the door. So now I have no idea how to make sure the assembly mounts correctly and the window closes securely when it's fully rolled up. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

idlafie
03-17-2013, 03:47 AM
You have a couple of options:
1). See if a local 240SX owner is willing to meet up with you and help you out. You can pop their door panel off & see what's in there. Check the LOCAL section here on Zilvia

2). Visit your local junkyard & see if you can find a 240SX in the yard with all the window components in the door. Take pictures of the window components inside the door frame and take the parts you need.

3). Visit your local Nissan dealership & see if the Parts Department guys will make you a printout of the window components / door assembly so you can figure out what you need

4). post a Want To Buy ad or check the For Sale items here on Zilvia and see if someone is selling / parting out a door with all the components inside. You might get lucky and find someone selling a door with all the components inside for cheap.

Or 5). Use the SEARCH function here on Zilvia & see if you can find / download a FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL, (FSM), for your model year car. Go to the BODY section in your car, and look at the diagram in the FSM. It should show you what you need.

Anyhow, good luck...Hope you are able to find what you need.

ID

KWASx408
03-17-2013, 08:39 AM
Thanks man. Yesterday I went to replace it and ran into another problem. I swapped the new motor to the assembly and plugged everything together to test the motor and it didn't work. I have 2 master window switches and 2 motors. Both switches roll the passenger window down and lock the doors. And both motors work on a 12v battery. The fuse in the engine bay is also fine. Any ideas?

KWASx408
03-17-2013, 08:42 AM
Also the actual switch to roll the driver side window is very "floppy?" on both switches. Is that normal.

idlafie
03-25-2013, 09:48 PM
The switches on the driver side should NOT feel "floppy". It should be stiff. The plastic portion of the switch tends to break. You can remove the top plastic cover portion of the switch but good luck trying to get that part from the dealer. The dealer will only sell you a new switch. You'll have to try a junk yard to see if you can find a replacement part.

As for your driver side window not working, it could be the window amp that's crapped out on you. They are known for failing on the 95 S14. Usually it's a loose solder contact inside the amp module. 240sx S14 Window amplifier repair - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWG6nd7HeBc). You'll have to remove it from your car & resolder the joint on the circuit board to get it to work again. My window won't roll down! Window amp. : 240sx General Discussion (http://forums.nicoclub.com/my-window-won-t-roll-down-window-amp-t244885.html)

If that doesn't solve your problem, then check the window relays. Hopefully, that will solve your problem. Let us know how it turns out.

Good luck!!

ID