PDA

View Full Version : Are Adjustable rear control arms recommended for a street/drift/spirited setup???

Hiii PowerSX
03-10-2013, 12:18 AM
Just purchased a S13 coupe , currently getting all new suspension components. SPL tension rods, OEM FLCA's with energy POLY bushings, Nismo power brace, and TEIN inner and outer tie rods. I haven't ordered anything for the rear yet but i was wanting to get SPL RUCA's. Would adjustable arms be a smart move for a daily driver? harsh ride isn't a problem, but this rep at frsport said adjustable arms should never be used on the street because they strip. ANYONE have any answers? thanks

di-devol
03-10-2013, 09:21 AM
but this rep at frsport said adjustable arms should never be used on the street because they strip. ANYONE have any answers? thanks

lol, I have adjustable everything, save for rlca's. What does he mean by strip?

Drift_FX
03-10-2013, 09:34 AM
nothing wrong with adjustable arms.... as long as you dont buy crap they are often stronger than OEM.... and there is a disclamer on any performance car part that says "not reccomended for street use" or "for offroad purposes only"..... something they have to say for legality.... go for it....

brndck
03-10-2013, 10:15 AM
but this rep at frsport said adjustable arms should never be used on the street because they strip. ANYONE have any answers? thanks

who the fuck did you talk to at frsport??? call back and talk to robb.

i see no reason NOT to use adjustable arms, especially if you are using a top quality brand such as SPL or PBM.

if you are planning on lowering your vehicle substantially, you will need adjustable toe arms in the rear, and RUCAs are also highly recommended.

Hiii PowerSX
03-10-2013, 11:32 AM
I'm not sure what this kids name was,BUT whenever i call for advise i'll ask for Rob. Thanks for the advise guys, definitely going SPL traction , toe , and RUCA's.. in the rear. Along with new subframe bushings. Again thanks for the guidance.