PDA

View Full Version : Why can I never delete my own posts?

NZO
04-10-2004, 05:09 PM
Either im retarded or this board is retarded, either way let me know whats going on, thanks.

West
04-11-2004, 06:57 PM
I disallowed people the rights to delete post...

Ghettokracker71
04-11-2004, 08:08 PM
I disallowed people the rights to delete post...
Any particular reason as to why? I promise I'm not trying to be an asshole

NZO
04-12-2004, 01:23 PM
Thats incredible, why would you do that?

radhaz
04-12-2004, 01:33 PM
The net is public domain (no secret there :p ), by posting on the forum you choose to share your knowledge with anyone and everyone. Those people in turn have the right to post responses to what you post (the clinch with the whole public domain thing). Therefore once you hit the submit button on the post that information no longer really belongs to you it belongs to everyone else.

I've been on forums that allowed users to delete there posts and can say it gets frustrating looking for an old reply you made to a post and can't find it because the user deleted the post. It is however a double edged sword, I think that if no one replies to your post you should be able to delete but once that post has a response it should not be able to be deleted, this would theoretically free up some minor amount of server space that would be wasted on the redundant questions that go unanswered.

In the end my opinion really doesn't mean squat, since all I do is research, read, and occasionally post here but that's why I tossed in my few bucks to support a forum I like. I don't have to like everything on here but I certainly do enjoy some aspects which makes it worth it to me.