PDA

View Full Version : Modifying automatic driveshaft

oscarsx
02-28-2013, 06:10 PM
I'm working on a 5 speed swap for my s14, I've been looking everywhere including here and shipping prices are pretty nuts. Still hoping to find one locally.

Anyways, I have a buddy of mine that does customers fabrication on different model cars, he offered to help me out on the swap.

Now my question is, is it the automatic driveshaft too long for it to work on my 5speed swap? He said he could cut and weld to make it fit, but my concerns is whether that's all that needs to be done, or is there other things to it than just simply cutting and welding.

Any advice would be grateful, thx.

Ps it's a non abs

- oz

BoredEE
02-28-2013, 06:51 PM
I'm not sure if this is out of your price range but this company has pretty decent prices

Nissan 240SX Driveshaft Replacement (http://shaftmasters.com/nissan-240sx-drivesha240.html)

zerodameaon
02-28-2013, 09:03 PM
Yeah you only need to change the front half of the shaft, that's your only non cut and weld option to keep the stock shaft other wise you need to cut off the front and weld in the right yoke. All said and done that option might be pretty pricey as well so you might as well hit up THMotorsports to buy a Drive Shaft Shop 1pc for around $300 including shipping.