PDA

View Full Version : removing intake manifold help

supasan
02-18-2013, 12:51 PM
So I was trying to take off the lower part where the bolts bolt onto the block. As I was taking the last bolt off I guess the engine fell to that side? So today I got in my car and noticed the shiftknob was towards the right side and not in the middle. I tried putting it in first or 2nd but couldnt. Can someone tell me what to do? Will taking the manifold out help? I still need to take the studs out and one is broken (I read a thread about it but mine broke). Thanks a lot.

EDacIouSX
02-18-2013, 12:57 PM
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................................ ...... sigh...

What kind of motor what kind of car....? Why are you taking off the manifold in the first place. Did you check the engine mount? How the hell does an entire engine fall to one side by just attempting to remove an intake manifold.

Trap Star
02-18-2013, 01:03 PM
^This.
Hard to help when we have know idea what you're working on.

Check the motor mounts and transmission mount.

supasan
02-18-2013, 01:07 PM
240sx ka24de. Im taking the head to a machine shop for resurfacing and a valve job. I was unbolting the bracket that the bottom part of the intake manifold bolts onto the block. I think I did unbolt part of the bolt.....FAIL. this is my first project...

So part of the mount is unbolted... do I put the mount back on or should I take the manifold out first(which I have no idea how, all the bolts are off)

240sxfan6882
02-18-2013, 01:37 PM
Put the mount back to align and secure the engine.
You can remove the TOP portion of the intake manifold without having to unbolt everything from the block.

There's 2 studs on the lower portion that can be pulled out so to that you can slide it right off:

www.ka-t.org :: View topic - KA24DE Upper Intake Manifold Removal Qs (http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=57888&highlight=upper+manifold+removal)

follow that guide

supasan
02-18-2013, 01:45 PM
Yeah...about the stud. I used the "double nut"technique based on another thread and I broke one of the stud. Now im scared to do the other side near the bulkhead. But that thread you showed me said to used vice grips. Maybe I'll try that. Thanks

Nissansota240
02-18-2013, 02:09 PM
Can you take and post a picture of the issue?

supasan
02-18-2013, 02:33 PM
I cant post pictures from my phone. Ill try to go on the computer

supasan
02-18-2013, 09:26 PM
Nvm I got thanks everyone