PDA

View Full Version : Some ideas? ( I SEARCHED I SWARE!!!!)

kid_nissan
04-06-2004, 08:15 AM
Ok
I have done a search and i didnt come up with anything that seemed to help me.

My car runs strong. But When im driving it my idle drops to about 500 to 600 I believe normal is is steady 700. But when im sitting i can feel the car struggling for air or something.

This is what i think it could be, but i need some more input.

I dont know that much about cars but this is what i tryed

Changed the Oil, Changed the fuel filter to the 300zx, cleaned my air filter(k&N with the cleaner kit), Tried Fule injectore cleaner. Checked alll vaccumm hoses for leaks or kinks(nothing) i even tried puttin in better gas just cause i was curious.

Does any1 have any other ideas what it could be, cause i would like to get this resolved. Any input or suggestions is greatly appreaciated.
Thanks NICK

89s132b
04-06-2004, 08:33 AM
Clean your TB
Do a seafoam treatment
adjust your idle up to 800rpms

http://www.240sx.org/faq/articles/throttle_position_sensor_adjustm.htm

aznpoopy
04-06-2004, 08:34 AM
hmm...

i'm no expert; my guess is dying alternator not charging enough? whens the last time you changed it? mine went bad and it would do all kinds of funky stuff (lights getting dim and other scary behavior). O_O

edit: ok i just re-read your post. is it idleing funny after driving it and then stopping? does it idle strange if you are coasting? or when you just started up the car and haven't gone anywhere yet? do a search here for funny idle problems. like the person above said, clean TB; also check your idle control valve thingy.

kid_nissan
04-06-2004, 08:57 AM
after driving it ahile and i stop it drops..
The TB stands for throttle body i guess, im not sure where that is..but then again im dumb lol..
I think i mite need to adjust my idle.. or something this one got me all confused

RedtopSR
04-07-2004, 12:03 PM
Your TB is were your air filter goes into your intake manifold. Just follow your airfilter pipe to were it goes into your intake your throttle cable will be connected to it. u can open it up manually and clean it or just take it off (just four bolts)to do a better job.

sykikchimp
04-07-2004, 12:46 PM
do some searches for IACV and AIV.

MadScientist
04-07-2004, 12:58 PM
Diagnosing and engine problem over the web is not going to help eather if you have no mechanical skill... honestly, if you can't find the TB... you need to have your car serviced by a profesional.

aznpoopy
04-07-2004, 01:51 PM
...or you could get a factory service manual and start learning about it; everyone starts somewhere.

Wei240
04-07-2004, 02:54 PM
when was the last time you change your spark plugs?
i know it's a long shot, but that cures certain ills with the car,..
another long shot is add more ground wires...
but i have a feeling it's the tb like everyone else said..

vicko
04-08-2004, 02:27 AM
could be a bad o2 sensor also
my accord did the same thing
so we fixed it and sold it