PDA

View Full Version : Brake Problems

esthirteen
04-06-2004, 06:55 AM
Last night I was changing my brakes cause they were pretty bad. I finished doing it and put the tires back on. Shit, i forgot to bleed brakes and I shouldve, so I do that without taking tires back off and everything. I made my little sister come out and pump the brakes for me. I do the back brakes first. They turned out good. I get to the front and theres where the problem is. The air bubbles just wouldn't stop coming out. When I looked up into the resevoir, air bubbles were coming up through that and I don't think thats suppose to happen. I used 3/4 bottle of brake fluid. I'm thinking that my master cylinder is shot. Does that sound right? If so, what do you guys suggest???

Dream240
04-06-2004, 08:00 AM
Last night I was changing my brakes cause they were pretty bad. I finished doing it and put the tires back on. Shit, i forgot to bleed brakes and I shouldve, so I do that without taking tires back off and everything. I made my little sister come out and pump the brakes for me. I do the back brakes first. They turned out good. I get to the front and theres where the problem is. The air bubbles just wouldn't stop coming out. When I looked up into the resevoir, air bubbles were coming up through that and I don't think thats suppose to happen. I used 3/4 bottle of brake fluid. I'm thinking that my master cylinder is shot. Does that sound right? If so, what do you guys suggest???

Well maybe you let the resevior run out of fluid, if you did then you have to start all over. Also don't forget to bleed the MC. The little bleeder is on the side of it facing the engine. Your MC isn't shot, it won't just brake for no reason. Just make sure you keep plenty of fluid in the tank while your bleeding the system. Hope this helps.

esthirteen
04-06-2004, 05:49 PM
actually it was my mc. I bought one for $50 and put it ina dn everything works good. I had plenty of fluid in the resevior the whole time its just there was always air coming through.

MadScientist
04-06-2004, 07:02 PM
PepBoys has a self brake bleeder kit.... they work excelent and no worry about if you did it right... worth the investment... idiot proof too... your little sister could bleed your brakes with it!

esthirteen
04-07-2004, 06:26 AM
its not that i had a problem bleeding my brakes. I know how to do that. My master cylinder was bad thats why they wouldnt bleed. It is ok now, everything is fixed.