PDA

View Full Version : frankensteining ka motor

SW20Racer
04-06-2004, 01:34 AM
asking on behalf of some guy who asked me: can u bolt up a twin cam ka top end to a single cam bottom end i thought i read something about this on this site before but i searched and couldnt find it what would be required for this swap? would the ecu and wiring need to be changed or what? some1 point me in the right direction please im curious about this myself (thought i should add the fact he is considering swapping in the whole engine but there might be some damage to the bottom end from the wreck that totalled the donor car but if it cant be saved hes wanting know if his idea is possible?)

tak-
04-06-2004, 01:51 AM
Its possible, but would require a bit of work and a little custom fabrication i think? I think I remember something about timing chain covers not lining up. Its possible, theres a thread on this subject on NICO. I dont think it would the best idea if you are looking for an easy solution. These engines are cheap, im sure you can pick one up cheap

andrave
04-06-2004, 02:29 AM
NICO NA ka24 forum. its there.

Strider
04-06-2004, 03:36 AM
For those who are lazy...

http://www.nissaninfiniticlub.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40742&highlight=ka24de+head+on+ka24e+block

SW20Racer
04-06-2004, 03:43 AM
found nico searching (didnt kno the addy) anyways yeah i found everything i needed 16 pages worth of words and pics i just hope this dude has something to drive while his engine undergoing all this work....

TheTimanator
04-06-2004, 09:08 AM
hahahaha
I remembering asking this question back when I was a noob and first got into 240's. Didn't know anyone ever figured it out though. Every one told me it was impossible :nono:

Mr. Spool
04-06-2004, 10:44 AM
what would this do for you.

andrave
04-06-2004, 11:41 AM
not much. Read around that forum if you really want find out more about frakensteins...
guys have made motors with L, KA, CA, and FJ parts. Oh, how they love their FJ parts.

Strider
04-06-2004, 03:19 PM
I thought i read something about it giving you 190 or 200 reliable HP or was that with mods or did I just understand it completely wrong?

deviousKA
04-06-2004, 11:46 PM
All the de head/e block hybrid gives you, is high compression. As far as hp figures, that depends on so many things, high compression is just one factor.

The head swap is no different than ka24e pistons in a de block with de head. Some people, including myself, just like to do this type of stuff. The development of the swap allows many other options, and i mean many.

Hybrid KA is where its at

Mr. Spool
04-07-2004, 01:41 AM
so what kind of numbers should I get with the de block and e pistons, and is it turbo capable.

deviousKA
04-07-2004, 02:09 AM
so what kind of numbers should I get with the de block and e pistons, and is it turbo capable.

with what was mentioned above, minimum of 11.1:1 compression ratio. So you can kinda do the math.