PDA

View Full Version : Engine problem

Urbanfer
02-12-2013, 03:51 PM
91 5spd stock ka.
Car works fine at the beginning of the day once I drove a good distance I'm afraid to shut off the car. If I do for any reason, when I start it again it has a hard time to starting up. I was stranded for almost an hour, the car starts shaking at star up and when I press the gas it's dies out. Usually I would wait it out til it works again. Any suggestions on why this could be happening?

fliprayzin240sx
02-12-2013, 07:17 PM
Something temperature related...could be a bunch of things.

milto0n
02-12-2013, 10:07 PM
When I experienced this problem, my coolant temp sensor unplugged itself since I forgot to reinstall the staple. More importantly than that, have you checked your ECU for codes?

oni jake
02-12-2013, 10:37 PM
Test for you:

Drive it around until you feel the problem will replicate itself again. Go to a safe place to turn your car off (such as your house) then try to start the car again. When you are getting problems, take specific note of the fuel pump sound.

Tell us result.

Mikester
02-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Could be water in the gas.

KiLLeR2001
02-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Coolant temperature sensor faulty.

rcdad123
02-13-2013, 07:29 PM
i have a similar situation on my stock sohc. i replaced the coolant temp sensor, ignition coil and igniter, cap and rotor, spark plugs, and wires. also the fuel filter and mass air flow sensor. if the car won`t start, i start pumping the accelerator pedal while the ignition key is on start position. most of the time it would work. one day the idle won`t go below 2,100 rpm. i found out that the iacv was stuck open, so i disconnected the harness off of it. now the engine starts up most of the time with no problems. i live in san diego, calif. and so far i have`nt had a problem during cold outside temps. i do still have the hard to start problem, but not as bad as before i disconnected the iacv.

codyace
02-13-2013, 10:11 PM
CTS or distributor timing off.